Re: DSLR Bag

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Robert Coe, Mar 3, 2013.

  1. Robert Coe

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Sun, 3 Mar 2013 21:54:30 -0000, "Jake" <> wrote:
    : Any recommendations for a camera bag that will hold a Nikon D5100 and
    : attached 70-200 lens without having to disassemble the setup?

    IIRC, Domke makes an insert for their largest bag that lets you do what you
    want. But it takes up most of the space in a bag that otherwise comfortably
    holds two cameras with lenses, two flash units, and various batteries,
    filters, etc. I have that bag (but not the insert) and have managed to
    shoehorn a 7D with a 70-200 into one of the camera spaces. It keeps the flap
    from closing completely on that side, but it's possible to let out the
    cinching strap enough to make it clip into place and keep the flap from
    opening.

    But mainly when I'm going to be using the 70-200 (usually at an indoor event,
    because it's too damned big to carry around in most other circumstances), I
    bite the bullet and bring the ridiculously huge backpack I bought once when I
    wasn't thinking clearly.

    I realize that probably doesn't help much, but there it is.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Mar 3, 2013