Re: dsl ics sharing

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by daft, Jul 23, 2004.

  1. daft

    daft Guest

    > do an ipconfig on the desktop, shouldn't I see three IPs? 192.168.0.1
    > for the wireless card, and then public IPs for the Broadband
    > connection and the Local Area Network? Or will the wired Lan card not
    > be a public address?

    You should only have one Public IP Address from the DSL Connection and you
    should have 2
    Private IP's

    The one with the Internet connection/dsl connected is the ICS host and has
    an IP of 192.168.0.1

    so you should have the DSL Connected computer will have Two IP addresses

    One on the DSL which is the shared connection between

    the Host Lan IP address of 192.168.0.1 to destination ip of 192.168.0.???
    (???) = Any number
    daft, Jul 23, 2004