Re: DSE Router/Modem

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Ian O, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. Ian O

    Ian O Guest

    In article <>,
    Who is this <> wrote:

    > > So the *one* you are using is great? Yes. Good. That does not mean that
    > > the next one off the production line is GREAT! We need more data. ;-0

    > The same applies to all products. However I too am using the DSE ADSL
    > modem/router with Macs and find it good.

    You got it! I've got a DSE XH1149 too. Fed from a Yosemite G3, PB3400,
    LC475 and LaserWrite 16/600PS. I've worked with Teledyne, Nokia &
    DynaLink routers and the DSE is by far the easiest for a novice to set
    up. It's preconfigured for Xtra or iHug and took only a minor tweak to
    reset for Paradise.

    Routers are a nightmare to configure generally. You have to be a Geek
    First Class with Triple Oak Clusters to even have a vague idea of what
    all that jargon is about. Have they produced an Idiots Guide yet?

    ~ Ian O
    Ian O, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Ian O

    cobbler© Guest

    On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 21:13:19 +1200, Ian O
    <> wrote:

    I found that setting up the network was easy .....
    What was hard was trying to read the manual that came with it
    the print is getting smaller and not as clear as it could be :(:(

    >You got it! I've got a DSE XH1149 too. Fed from a Yosemite G3, PB3400,
    >LC475 and LaserWrite 16/600PS. I've worked with Teledyne, Nokia &
    >DynaLink routers and the DSE is by far the easiest for a novice to set
    >up. It's preconfigured for Xtra or iHug and took only a minor tweak to
    >reset for Paradise.
    >
    >Routers are a nightmare to configure generally. You have to be a Geek
    >First Class with Triple Oak Clusters to even have a vague idea of what
    >all that jargon is about. Have they produced an Idiots Guide yet?
    >
    >~ Ian O

    Cobbler ©

    : Take out the " Spam " to reply
    cobbler©, Jul 9, 2003