    Give it a shot. If Windows XP x64 doesn't automatically pick it up, you
    can always try decorating the existing 32-bit drivers for installation
    on x64. For more information, visit
    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/install/64INF_reqs.mspx

    Rafael Rivera
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com], May 10, 2005

  2. "Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]" <rafael*at*extended64*dot*com> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Markus,
    >
    > Give it a shot. If Windows XP x64 doesn't automatically pick it up, you
    > can always try decorating the existing 32-bit drivers for installation on
    > x64. For more information, visit
    > http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/install/64INF_reqs.mspx
    >
    > Rafael Rivera

    You cannot decorate a driver inf file for x64 if you do not have the x64
    driver files themselves. You cannot load a 32-bit driver to the 64-bit OS.
    Decoration allows you to have an info that installs the right driver for the
    right platform from one inf. It does not let you load an incorrect driver
    to another OS
    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], May 10, 2005

  3. Mike,

    Not all "drivers" contain kernel-mode drivers, hence why I suggested he
    try. He could very well be successful.

    Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com], May 10, 2005