    recognize the plasma. With “S Video” cable, the plasma works ok!!
    Model: CMPAVW1VK
    Thanks

    chnuck, Jul 11, 2007

  2. chnuck

    ded Guest

    "chnuck" <> wrote in message
    news:6hZki.25067$Io4.23073@edtnps89...
    > Hi everyone
    > I am looking for a “ Hitachi Plasma Display Video Unit “ driver. My pc
    > doesn’t recognize the plasma. With “S Video” cable, the plasma works ok!!
    > Model: CMPAVW1VK
    > Thanks

    What connection(s) are not functioning?
    The "usual" issue being your graphics card will have a DVI output
    and the display will have HDMI inputs and all that is required is
    the appropriate adapter:
    http://tinyurl.com/38fvo9
    If you are trying to connect via VGA, again all that is "usually"
    required is to set your graphics card display resolution to match
    the display.
    What led you to believe you require a driver for your plasma?

    ded, Jul 11, 2007

  3. chnuck

    chnuck Guest

    Hi ,
    Thank you for the fast reply!

    I want to watch movies from my PC on my 48' plasma.

    I plug my VGA cable into the plasma, but I received only squiggle lines!!

    I plugged the S Video cord from my pc too the plasma and I got my movie, but
    in lesser quality!

    I have been told that I need a TV driver, because the pc does not recognized
    the plasma.

    Is it possible to find a cable with a USB plug for the pc and a HDMI plug
    for the plasma?

    Thanks in advance!
    Franco

    chnuck, Jul 13, 2007
  4. chnuck

    ded Guest

    "chnuck" <> wrote in message
    > Hi ,
    > Thank you for the fast reply!
    >
    > I want to watch movies from my PC on my 48' plasma.
    >
    > I plug my VGA cable into the plasma, but I received only squiggle lines!!
    >
    > I plugged the S Video cord from my pc too the plasma and I got my movie,
    > but
    > in lesser quality!
    >
    > I have been told that I need a TV driver, because the pc does not
    > recognized
    > the plasma.
    >
    > Is it possible to find a cable with a USB plug for the pc and a HDMI plug
    > for the plasma?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    > Franco

    Hi
    Top posting throws the thread out of sync.
    Many PC graphics cards have a DVI output, that is the better option
    and all you require is a DVI-to-HDMI interconnect. But if VGA output
    is all you have..
    No such connection USB-to-HDMI. No such cables.
    No such thing as a "TV driver", your graphics card will have drivers
    for it to function within the operating system etc, if it outputs a signal
    to your PC monitor then your graphics card is working. But your PC's
    graphics card may indeed benefit from updated drivers, you need
    to identify your make and model of card and visit the support section
    of the manafacturers site to download and install updated drivers.
    You don't supply details of your graphics card, you probably just
    haven't set the correct output resolution.
    Your Plasma will have resolution(s) it can function with.
    RIGHT click your desktop screen, from the menu select:
    Properties> Settings
    This dialog will detail your graphics card/adapter
    You will see a slider for adjusting "Screen resolution"
    All graphics cards can output 1024 x 768, and that is a
    safe option to try with your Plasma, but if it is already set to that
    resolution, try increasing by dragging slider and clicking "Apply"
    If it cannot be increased then your unknown graphics card may
    not be able to output the required resolution.

    There is no Hitachi plasma with the model number you posted:
    Goto this site, type in the *correct* model number, and once you
    have found the *correct* model, check if there are known issues
    and if there is an official guide for connecting to a PC:
    http://www.hitachiserviceeu.com/support/guides/userguides.htm

    And read these:
    http://www.engadgethd.com/2006/02/08/how-to-connect-your-pc-to-your-hdtv/
    http://www.techlore.com/article/10061
    http://www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/plasmatv/plasmatv-hookup.html

    ded, Jul 13, 2007
  5. chnuck

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    chnuck wrote:
    > Hi ,
    > Thank you for the fast reply!
    >
    > I want to watch movies from my PC on my 48' plasma.
    >
    > I plug my VGA cable into the plasma, but I received only squiggle lines!!
    >
    > I plugged the S Video cord from my pc too the plasma and I got my movie, but
    > in lesser quality!
    >
    > I have been told that I need a TV driver, because the pc does not recognized
    > the plasma.
    >
    > Is it possible to find a cable with a USB plug for the pc and a HDMI plug
    > for the plasma?

    How are you plugging your VGA cable into the Plasma? The
    specifications I have found indicate four AV inputs into the screen
    including SCART, 2 x component video and 1 video/svideo.

    Perhaps your model is different?

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus