Re: Drive Cleaning

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Wizard, Mar 25, 2005.

  1. Wizard

    Wizard Guest

    philo <"philo "@privacy.net> wrote:
    > Mark & Ana Jones wrote:
    >> Advice please,
    >>
    >> I want to give a PC and a laptop to some lads down the pub who are
    >> starting a business. Neither of us can afford to have these machines
    >> "cleaned" but I'd like to ensure that my accounts & private debtor
    >> letters (and soft-porn browsing) are removed.
    >>
    >> There are many downloads available but they don't appear to finish
    >> the job for free. They require $30 which I don't mind paying but I
    >> only have a debit card - they want credit cards!
    >>
    >> Can anyone recommend an alternative or a truly free download site to
    >> cover my history please.
    >>

    > just format the drive and reinstall the operating system

    Correction, fucktard. Since the OP didn't bother stating what OS, you should
    have added, "If it's NTFS, do a full format, not a quick format."
    Understand, shit for brains?
    Wizard, Mar 25, 2005

  2. Wizard

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "Wizard" <> wrote in message
    > philo <"philo "@privacy.net> wrote:
    >> just format the drive and reinstall the operating system

    > Correction, fucktard. Since the OP didn't bother stating what OS, you
    > should
    > have added, "If it's NTFS, do a full format, not a quick format."
    > Understand, shit for brains?

    if you understand how quick format works, then you will know that
    re-installing the OS will write over existing data from a quick format....

    there are very few people that can retrieve data from a written over quick
    formatted drive. doesn't matter what OS... the cost of recovering corrupt
    data from a formatted drive is very expensive and is not guaranteed.

    -a|ex
    127.0.0.1, Mar 25, 2005

  3. Wizard

    Wizard Guest

    127.0.0.1 <get.rooted@localhost> wrote:
    > "Wizard" <> wrote in message
    >> philo <"philo "@privacy.net> wrote:
    >>> just format the drive and reinstall the operating system

    >> Correction, fucktard. Since the OP didn't bother stating what OS, you
    >> should
    >> have added, "If it's NTFS, do a full format, not a quick format."
    >> Understand, shit for brains?
    >>

    > if you understand how quick format works, then you will know that
    > re-installing the OS will write over existing data from a quick
    > format....

    If you understood how anything works, you fucktard ****; the data that gets
    overwritten is only in the space that the OS occupies, you fucking brainless
    turdchomper.

    > there are very few people that can retrieve data from a written over
    > quick formatted drive.

    Irrelevant. Your statement has nothing to do with what the OP asked for, you
    prancing faggot. Besides that, a quick format does not rewrite the clusters.
    Understand, chicken-fucker?

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA! You're full of fucking shite, you duff ****.
    Wizard, Mar 25, 2005
  4. Wizard

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "Wizard" <> wrote in message
    > 127.0.0.1 <get.rooted@localhost> wrote:
    >> "Wizard" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Correction, fucktard. Since the OP didn't bother stating what OS, you
    >>> should
    >>> have added, "If it's NTFS, do a full format, not a quick format."
    >>> Understand, shit for brains?
    >>>

    >> if you understand how quick format works, then you will know that
    >> re-installing the OS will write over existing data from a quick
    >> format....

    > If you understood how anything works, you fucktard ****; the data that
    > gets
    > overwritten is only in the space that the OS occupies, you fucking
    > brainless
    > turdchomper.

    you are confused, the data location on the hard drive during write phase
    depends on many factors.

    >> there are very few people that can retrieve data from a written over
    >> quick formatted drive.

    > Irrelevant. Your statement has nothing to do with what the OP asked for,
    > you
    > prancing faggot. Besides that, a quick format does not rewrite the
    > clusters.
    > Understand, chicken-fucker?

    very relevant, the OP is concerned with his data being recovered, hence,
    formatting the HD.

    >> doesn't matter what OS...

    > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA! You're full of fucking shite, you duff ****.

    all OS's can be formated... so it doesn't matter which OS

    re-read the post, where does it mentioned that a quick format rewrites the
    clusters...
    re-installing writes over the clusters...

    your foul mouth is fouling your thoughts, but that's irrelevant. i respect
    your posting style. military grade formats are not necessary to remove home
    porn on used pc's...

    -a|ex
    127.0.0.1, Mar 25, 2005
  5. Wizard

    cny91901 Guest

    Why do you use bad words? To impersonate you using outlook express.

    --The unkindest cut.
    Why, just look at the pile of sewage forging you.

    cny91901, Mar 25, 2005
  6. Just delete all you want to get rid of and run a free program like
    Hard Disk scrubber - even if someone uses something like Encase ,
    although they might see a file name they can't recover the file.
    valeofbelvoirdrinker, Mar 28, 2005