Re: Drag/drop files into movie software - opinions ?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Jeff Strickland, Sep 29, 2008.

  1. "- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123> wrote in message
    > Any suggestions for apps ( store-bought or free) that make it EASY to make
    > a movie by simply "adding files to timeline" ? THEN I'd Play , trim,
    > insert titles, chapters etc. and eventually output to VCD or DVD.

    Pinnacle Systems has a suite of products to do precisely what you want to
    do. They have a suite of 4 or 5 products, each at a different price point
    depending on how robust you want the software to be. They have packages with
    a device that uses RCA cables to connect to your old VHS camera and put the
    viedo onto a USB cable and drop it onto your hard drive. It also has a
    FireWire capability if you can use it.

    When the software is loaded, you can take the VHS tapes that you copied to
    your drive, and create a DVD. During DVD creation, you can add background
    music, voice overs, and various kinds of text. You can also drop in still
    photos with transition effects.

    You do not need the VHS tape as a foundation, but if you have old tapes, you
    can capture them and put the resulting footage onto a DVD, adding in as many
    still shots as you want. I see no reason you could not have an entire DVD
    consisting of solely stills and your selection of music and your own
    narrative. And, since you are making a DVD, you can create chapters and a
    menu so you can jump directly to a desired cut. .

    I do not recall the actual product name, but I bought mine at Best Buy. I
    asked the clerk for a video capture system. I'm sure there are others
    besides Pinnacle, but I know there are at least 4 Pinnacle products at
    varying price points.

    Jeff Strickland, Sep 29, 2008

  2. Jeff Strickland

    Telstar Guest

    "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote in message

    >> Any suggestions for apps ( store-bought or free) that make it EASY to
    >> make a movie by simply "adding files to timeline" ? THEN I'd Play ,
    >> trim, insert titles, chapters etc. and eventually output to VCD or DVD.
    >>

    > Pinnacle Systems has a suite of products to do precisely what you want to
    > do.

    I must interject. I have found Pinnacle software to be very, very, very
    buggy.

    Telstar, Oct 4, 2008

  3. "Telstar" <> wrote in message

    > "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123> wrote in message
    >>> Any suggestions for apps ( store-bought or free) that make it EASY to
    >>> make a movie by simply "adding files to timeline" ? THEN I'd Play ,
    >>> trim, insert titles, chapters etc. and eventually output to VCD or DVD.
    >>>

    >> Pinnacle Systems has a suite of products to do precisely what you want to
    >> do.

    > I must interject. I have found Pinnacle software to be very, very, very
    > buggy.

    I've heard that, but not experienced it. I should have stuck to the more
    generic term of video capture instead of specifically calling out Pinnacle.
    Or, I should have clarified that Pinnacle has stuff to look at, and buy
    something in that model ...

    Jeff Strickland, Oct 5, 2008