Re: DONT TAZE GRANNY!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by NormanM, Jun 26, 2010.

  1. NormanM

    NormanM Guest

    On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 19:43:46 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:

    > You really have to wonder why more PD's dont screen for sadistic
    > personality types among their new hires...

    <sarcasm>
    You ***KNOW*** that they screen for such behavior. It is written in all
    municipal codes, and approved by all city Mamas and Papas! Hire the most
    sadistic bastards out there.
    </sarcasm>

    Truth is:

    1. They try not to hire such.
    2. They hate to waste the cost of training once they find that they got one
    on accident. So they try to move them to "safe" duty posts, if possible. And
    only bite the bullet when they can't escape the fact that they hired a bad
    apple who passed through their screening.
    3. There are bad apples everywhere (I got one job because the boss was
    replacing his bad apples).
    4. When your hiring pool is full of selfish, hedonistic bits, it is hard to
    avoid hiring them.
    5. You want to hold your LEOs to a higher standard of behavior, hold
    yourself to that same higher standard of behavior.

    --
    Norman
    ~Oh Lord, why have you come
    NormanM, Jun 26, 2010

  2. NormanM

    NormanM Guest

    On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 12:34:11 -0400, Big 666 wrote:

    > NormanM wrote:

    >> On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 19:43:46 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >>
    >> 5. You want to hold your LEOs to a higher standard of behavior, hold
    >> yourself to that same higher standard of behavior.

    > You can toss the Catholic Priest and the Boy Scout troop leaders in
    > there too. Anyone holding them accountable for their actions?

    Anybody holding you to a higher standard?

    NormanM, Jun 26, 2010

  3. NormanM

    chuckcar Guest

    Big 666 <> wrote in

    > NormanM wrote:
    >> On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 19:43:46 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >>
    >> 5. You want to hold your LEOs to a higher standard of behavior, hold
    >> yourself to that same higher standard of behavior.
    >>

    > You can toss the Catholic Priest and the Boy Scout troop leaders in
    > there too. Anyone holding them accountable for their actions?

    Never read a newspaper? There's stories all the time of them being banned
    for life.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jun 27, 2010
  4. NormanM

    Nomen Nescio Guest

    Nomen Nescio, Jun 27, 2010
  5. NormanM

    NormanM Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 08:44:11 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:

    > Yeah, theres a name for Norms game, its called "blame the victim".
    > Wife beaters use it all the time.

    Not at all. What I said was along the lines of, if the pool of applicants is
    drawn from a society of wife beaters (or child molesters, or whatever), it
    is damned hard not to hire such, because that is all that there is in the
    society. If you don't want your city hiring sadists, then don't be one
    yourself.

    NormanM, Jun 27, 2010
  6. NormanM

    NormanM Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 08:42:32 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:

    > I dont weild the same authority or power as a cop.
    > So my actions are less impactful due to my lack of ability to abuse said
    > power, which I dont have to begin with.

    Which is true for the general population, at large. However, guess what the
    pool of prospective hires to be cops is. Everybody who does not have the
    same authority, or power, as a cop. Hiring a person as a cop does not confer
    Godlike wisdom and judgment on that hire. So, if the hiring pool is full of
    sadists, your force of LEOs will include sadists. If you want your LEAs to
    hire LEOs which can handle authority sanely, better create a sane society in
    the first place.

    Perhaps we should just do away with LEAs, and return to those golden days
    when we were laws unto ourselves?

    NormanM, Jun 27, 2010
  7. NormanM

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 08:48:44 -0700, NormanM wrote:

    > On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 08:42:32 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >
    >> I dont weild the same authority or power as a cop. So my actions are
    >> less impactful due to my lack of ability to abuse said power, which I
    >> dont have to begin with.

    > Which is true for the general population, at large. However, guess what
    > the pool of prospective hires to be cops is. Everybody who does not have
    > the same authority, or power, as a cop. Hiring a person as a cop does
    > not confer Godlike wisdom and judgment on that hire. So, if the hiring
    > pool is full of sadists, your force of LEOs will include sadists. If you
    > want your LEAs to hire LEOs which can handle authority sanely, better
    > create a sane society in the first place.
    >
    > Perhaps we should just do away with LEAs, and return to those golden
    > days when we were laws unto ourselves?

    Don't you Yanks have a place like this to train your LEO's? And if not,
    why not?

    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hendon_Police_College>

    It's standard procedure in this country to ensure the best peelers we can
    get are those who patrol the streets.

    Aardvark, Jun 27, 2010
  8. NormanM

    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 08:42:32 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >
    >> I dont weild the same authority or power as a cop.
    >> So my actions are less impactful due to my lack of ability to abuse said
    >> power, which I dont have to begin with.

    >Which is true for the general population, at large. However, guess what the
    >pool of prospective hires to be cops is. Everybody who does not have the
    >same authority, or power, as a cop. Hiring a person as a cop does not confer
    >Godlike wisdom and judgment on that hire. So, if the hiring pool is full of
    >sadists, your force of LEOs will include sadists. If you want your LEAs to
    >hire LEOs which can handle authority sanely, better create a sane society in
    >the first place.
    >
    >Perhaps we should just do away with LEAs, and return to those golden days
    >when we were laws unto ourselves?

    I see you are an expert in specious logic.
    , Jun 27, 2010
  9. Big 666 copied this from some Muslim tabloid:
    > NormanM wrote:
    >> On Fri wrote:
    >>
    >> 5. You want to hold your LEOs to a higher standard
    >> of behavior, hold yourself to that same higher
    >> standard of behavior.

    > You can toss the Catholic Priest and the Boy Scout
    > troop leaders in there too. Anyone holding
    > them accountable for their actions?

    Yeah... and the fashion industry's female runway models...
    Who's watching them??? They are setting a terrible example
    by all that eating and purging - pretty soon big naturally
    supple boobies will be something you can only see in the
    historical museums... like Edsels, dinosaurs and LP records.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ; and IN MEMORY OF
    OUR FALLEN COMRADE WHO WENT TO THAT BIG COMMERCIAL BREAK

    http://www.businesspundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/zzmays.jpg

    Bucky Breeder, Jun 28, 2010
  10. NormanM

    NormanM Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 15:48:33 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:

    > Again, you paint "society" with a broad brush claiming that all X are Y.

    Not at all.

    > You can attract people to a job with any set of qualities/qualifications
    > if:
    > Pay is sufficient.

    There is no way a society can afford "sufficient" pay for LEOs without going
    broke.

    > The "culture" of the organisation has high standards and thouroughly
    > vets their potential hires.

    Any "culture" of a special organization which has "sufficiently high"
    standards, ***WILL*** breed contempt for those whose standards are lower
    than their own. Probably defeating the whole purpose of your "sufficiently
    high" standards.

    NormanM, Jun 29, 2010
  11. NormanM

    NormanM Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 16:47:16 GMT, Aardvark wrote:

    > Don't you Yanks have a place like this to train your LEO's? And if not,
    > why not?
    >
    > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hendon_Police_College>
    >
    > It's standard procedure in this country to ensure the best peelers we can
    > get are those who patrol the streets.

    Depends upon the state. Unliked the U.K., which is a single nation, the
    U.S.A. is a Federal Republic, with 50 reasonably autonomous "states"
    (supposedly of the definition used when speaking of "statecraft". I know
    that the State of California has a number of academies, depending upon the
    jurisdiction; but the State has a uniform set of standards called, "POST"
    (Peace Officer Standards and Training):

    http://www.post.ca.gov/

    NormanM, Jun 29, 2010
  12. NormanM

    Muse Gruppes Guest

    On 6/26/2010 6:31 PM, Big 666 wrote:
    > NormanM wrote:

    >>> You can toss the Catholic Priest and the Boy Scout troop leaders in
    >>> there too. Anyone holding them accountable for their actions?

    >> Anybody holding you to a higher standard?
    >>

    > Anyone holding you?

    you two trying to get it on? Use a condom
    Muse Gruppes, Jul 31, 2010