Re: Don't forget to send a few "Ms" for next Thursday

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Vance, Feb 28, 2011.

  1. Vance

    Vance Guest

    On Feb 24, 5:41 am, Bowser <> wrote:
    > Yes, the "M" mandate is due in just a short week. Amazingly, I was in
    > Florida this week and failed to get a shot of Mickey Mouse. Maybe next
    > time. I was in EPCOT, the mouse was not. Wait! Does Mary Poppins count?
    >
    > The gallery will be here:http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_m
    >
    > The Rulz and other info about the Shoot-In can be found here:http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

    A 28 day month. Damn,now I have to force things.

    Vance

    Vance, Feb 28, 2011

  2. Vance

    Pete Guest

    On 2011-02-28 22:41:44 +0000, Vance said:

    > On Feb 24, 5:41 am, Bowser <> wrote:
    >> Yes, the "M" mandate is due in just a short week. Amazingly, I was in
    >> Florida this week and failed to get a shot of Mickey Mouse. Maybe next
    >> time. I was in EPCOT, the mouse was not. Wait! Does Mary Poppins count?
    >>
    >> The gallery will be here:http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_m
    >>
    >> The Rulz and other info about the Shoot-In can be found
    >> here:http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

    > A 28 day month. Damn,now I have to force things.

    How about a photo of a month? We are certain they exist, but where is
    the photographic evidence?

    --
    Pete

    Pete, Feb 28, 2011

  3. Vance

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 17:36:59 -0600, Remmy Martin
    <> wrote:

    >Are known thieves allowed to submit photos to the SI? Maybe all the photos
    >submitted to the SI have been stolen. If one known-photo thief is allowed,
    >perhaps there's more, many more. Birds of a feather ....

    Anyone who claims that one of the photos I've submitted to SI needs to
    have his head examined. They have been better than the fuzzy,
    out-of-focus rare moth shot that our Troll claims he shot, but only
    just.

    I would be extremely complimented if someone would steal one of my
    efforts. Please.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Mar 1, 2011
  4. Vance

    Pete Guest

    On 2011-02-28 23:36:59 +0000, Remmy Martin said:

    > On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 23:25:12 +0000, Pete
    > <> wrote:

    >>> A 28 day month. Damn,now I have to force things.

    >> How about a photo of a month? We are certain they exist, but where is
    >> the photographic evidence?

    > It doesn't matter what he submits. It'll be sure to be stolen from someone
    > else, like this one he stole.
    >
    > http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/V982p2v7LkZWlRi3YMP0Mg?feat=directlink
    >
    > When you hover your cursor on the "Belongs to" link, it clearly states
    > "Vance Lear".
    >
    > Yet we find proof-positive that this image is owned and copyrighted by
    > someone else.
    >
    > http://mothphotographersgroup.msstate.edu/species.php?hodges=08262
    >
    > With this copyright notice clearly stated at the beginning of that page:
    > "Photographs are the copyrighted property of each photographer listed
    > Contact individual photographers for permission to use for any purpose."
    >
    > I guess he fails to understand the meaning of the word "any".
    >
    > Nothing but a low-life photo thief and troll, 100% confirmed.
    >
    > Are known thieves allowed to submit photos to the SI? Maybe all the photos
    > submitted to the SI have been stolen. If one known-photo thief is allowed,
    > perhaps there's more, many more. Birds of a feather ....

    That's all totally beyond me, but I can't wait to have one of my photos
    stolen - then I'll become an established photographer.

    --
    Pete

    Pete, Mar 1, 2011
  5. Vance

    tony cooper Guest

    On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 00:21:11 +0000, Pete
    <> wrote:

    >On 2011-02-28 23:36:59 +0000, Remmy Martin said:
    >
    >> On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 23:25:12 +0000, Pete
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> How about a photo of a month? We are certain they exist, but where is
    >>> the photographic evidence?

    >> It doesn't matter what he submits. It'll be sure to be stolen from someone
    >> else, like this one he stole.
    >>
    >> http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/V982p2v7LkZWlRi3YMP0Mg?feat=directlink
    >>
    >> When you hover your cursor on the "Belongs to" link, it clearly states
    >> "Vance Lear".
    >>
    >> Yet we find proof-positive that this image is owned and copyrighted by
    >> someone else.
    >>
    >> http://mothphotographersgroup.msstate.edu/species.php?hodges=08262
    >>
    >> With this copyright notice clearly stated at the beginning of that page:
    >> "Photographs are the copyrighted property of each photographer listed
    >> Contact individual photographers for permission to use for any purpose."
    >>
    >> I guess he fails to understand the meaning of the word "any".
    >>
    >> Nothing but a low-life photo thief and troll, 100% confirmed.
    >>
    >> Are known thieves allowed to submit photos to the SI? Maybe all the photos
    >> submitted to the SI have been stolen. If one known-photo thief is allowed,
    >> perhaps there's more, many more. Birds of a feather ....

    >That's all totally beyond me, but I can't wait to have one of my photos
    >stolen - then I'll become an established photographer.

    Look...you steal one of mine and I'll steal one of yours, and we'll
    both be established photographers.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Mar 1, 2011
  6. Vance

    Pete Guest

    On 2011-03-01 00:24:08 +0000, tony cooper said:

    > On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 00:21:11 +0000, Pete
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 2011-02-28 23:36:59 +0000, Remmy Martin said:

    >>> It doesn't matter what he submits. It'll be sure to be stolen from someone
    >>> else, like this one he stole.
    >>>
    >>> http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/V982p2v7LkZWlRi3YMP0Mg?feat=directlink
    >>>
    >>> When you hover your cursor on the "Belongs to" link, it clearly states
    >>> "Vance Lear".
    >>>
    >>> Yet we find proof-positive that this image is owned and copyrighted by
    >>> someone else.
    >>>
    >>> http://mothphotographersgroup.msstate.edu/species.php?hodges=08262
    >>>
    >>> With this copyright notice clearly stated at the beginning of that page:
    >>> "Photographs are the copyrighted property of each photographer listed
    >>> Contact individual photographers for permission to use for any purpose."
    >>>
    >>> I guess he fails to understand the meaning of the word "any".
    >>>
    >>> Nothing but a low-life photo thief and troll, 100% confirmed.
    >>>
    >>> Are known thieves allowed to submit photos to the SI? Maybe all the photos
    >>> submitted to the SI have been stolen. If one known-photo thief is allowed,
    >>> perhaps there's more, many more. Birds of a feather ....

    >> That's all totally beyond me, but I can't wait to have one of my photos
    >> stolen - then I'll become an established photographer.

    > Look...you steal one of mine and I'll steal one of yours, and we'll
    > both be established photographers.

    It ought to work, but Bob and Martha have already tried it.

    --
    Pete

    Pete, Mar 1, 2011
  7. Vance

    Tim Conway Guest

    "Remmy Martin" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 17:04:39 -0800, Savageduck
    > <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >
    >>On 2011-02-28 16:43:18 -0800, Pete
    >><> said:

    >>> It ought to work, but Bob and Martha have already tried it.

    >>Community property.

    > Nice to see that contributors to the SI so openly condone the theft of
    > others' property. Though I'm not surprised that an ex-cop, who never
    > admitted why he had to leave his job and is well known for his libelous
    > and
    > slanderous behavior, would also condone stealing others' property.
    >
    > I was right ... there's more than one person in the SI that steals others
    > photos and presents them as their own. All birds of a feather.
    >
    > Looks like the final downfall of the SI after all. You did it all by your
    > own little ignorant and childish selves.

    Thanks for the compliments. Exactly why are you so jealous of us?

    Tim Conway, Mar 1, 2011
  8. Vance

    Pete Guest

    On 2011-03-01 10:13:14 +0000, Remmy Martin said:

    > <...>
    > Is that how you so obviously want to side-step the issue of known
    > photo-thieves being allowed to participate in the SI, as well as many of
    > its contributors also condoning the theft of others' property? Are you also
    > one of them? No need to answer that. You already did by trying to evade the
    > issue. You just publicly became another nail in SI's coffin, whether you
    > comprehend this or not. (hint: Who in their right mind would want to be
    > publicly known as another party to fools like that.)

    Well, no one could accuse me of being in my right mind :)

    --
    Pete

    Pete, Mar 1, 2011
  9. Vance

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Feb 28, 11:25 pm, Pete <>
    wrote:
    > On 2011-02-28 22:41:44 +0000, Vance said:
    >
    > > On Feb 24, 5:41 am, Bowser <> wrote:
    > >> Yes, the "M" mandate is due in just a short week. Amazingly, I was in
    > >> Florida this week and failed to get a shot of Mickey Mouse. Maybe next
    > >> time. I was in EPCOT, the mouse was not. Wait! Does Mary Poppins count?

    > >> The gallery will be here:http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_m

    > >> The Rulz and other info about the Shoot-In can be found
    > >> here:http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

    > > A 28 day month.  Damn,now I have to force things.

    > How about a photo of a month? We are certain they exist, but where is
    > the photographic evidence?

    Better still we are now in March.

    How does one take a photo of March :-D

    Can it be done with a P&S or is a superzoom required.
    can a plastic DSLR do it or do we need Metal.

    Whisky-dave, Mar 1, 2011
  10. Vance

    tony cooper Guest

    On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 08:24:40 -0800, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >On 2011-03-01 05:19:00 -0800, George Kerby <> said:
    >

    >> On 3/1/11 4:13 AM, in article ,
    >> "Remmy Martin" <> wrote:

    >>> Is that how you so obviously want to side-step the issue of known
    >>> photo-thieves being allowed to participate in the SI, as well as many of
    >>> its contributors also condoning the theft of others' property? Are you also
    >>> one of them? No need to answer that. You already did by trying to evade the
    >>> issue. You just publicly became another nail in SI's coffin, whether you
    >>> comprehend this or not. (hint: Who in their right mind would want to be
    >>> publicly known as another party to fools like that.)
    >>>
    >>> You idiots sure are slow, aren't you.
    >>>

    >> Tonto, next you'll be using "Charlie Sheen" as your new sock.
    >>
    >> "Community property' is held by a man and woman who are married. Bob and
    >> Martha are married, thus the term.
    >>
    >> Gotta 'splain it because all he does is eat the covers off the book...

    >Boy! Was that a "whoosh moment" for "Buffalo Bill"?
    >
    >...and just to clarify, I always admitted I left my job because I chose
    >to retire. In a job where the earliest retirement age is 50, I retired
    >at 60 after 6 years as an officer, 8 years as a sergeant, and 11 years
    >as a Lieutenant. Enough was enough.
    >BTW, the State of California still considers me a Peace Officer, and
    >from time to time will offer me specialized jobs as a retired annuitant
    >Lieutenant (up to 960 hours a year) and I maintain my weapons
    >qualification.

    Are you licensed to kill? Are Trolls in season?

    Not that I encourage any physical harm to anyone, but a shot to the
    head of our persistent moth-photographing Troll would be unlikely to
    hit a working vital organ.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Mar 1, 2011
  11. I still don't get why you other-wise intelligent and good folk are
    feeding this chap.

    Yes, I will foad now.

    --
    lsmft

    John McWilliams, Mar 1, 2011
  12. Vance

    tony cooper Guest

    On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 10:39:40 -0600, Remmy Martin
    <> wrote:

    >>>...and just to clarify, I always admitted I left my job because I chose
    >>>to retire. In a job where the earliest retirement age is 50, I retired
    >>>at 60 after 6 years as an officer, 8 years as a sergeant, and 11 years
    >>>as a Lieutenant. Enough was enough.
    >>>BTW, the State of California still considers me a Peace Officer, and
    >>>from time to time will offer me specialized jobs as a retired annuitant
    >>>Lieutenant (up to 960 hours a year) and I maintain my weapons
    >>>qualification.

    >>Are you licensed to kill? Are Trolls in season?
    >>
    >>Not that I encourage any physical harm to anyone, but a shot to the
    >>head of our persistent moth-photographing Troll would be unlikely to
    >>hit a working vital organ.

    >Your clear death-threats will be sent to your ISP and other officials.

    That would be difficult for you. I'm sure all intelligent life forms
    at all ISPs have filters installed to block correspondence from
    non-intelligent life forms.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Mar 1, 2011
  13. Vance

    PeterN Guest

    On 3/1/2011 11:33 AM, tony cooper wrote:

    <major snip>

    > Not that I encourage any physical harm to anyone, but a shot to the
    > head of our persistent moth-photographing Troll would be unlikely to
    > hit a working vital organ.

    Great line, tony. I have not hear that before.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Mar 2, 2011
  14. Vance

    PeterN Guest

    On 3/1/2011 6:42 AM, Bowser wrote:

    > Quite right. From now on I will only participate in the SI once a month.
    > That oughta show the bastards.

    Well! My Ms were mailed

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Mar 3, 2011
  15. Vance

    PeterN Guest

    On 3/1/2011 8:35 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
    > On Feb 28, 11:25 pm, Pete<>
    > wrote:

    >>> A 28 day month. Damn,now I have to force things.

    >> How about a photo of a month? We are certain they exist, but where is
    >> the photographic evidence?

    > Better still we are now in March.
    >
    > How does one take a photo of March :-D
    >
    > Can it be done with a P&S or is a superzoom required.
    > can a plastic DSLR do it or do we need Metal.

    On the 17th go the the parade. Lots of marchers marching in Manhattan
    with KManhattans and Martinis.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Mar 3, 2011
  16. Vance

    John Turco Guest

    Savageduck wrote:

    <heavily edited for brevity>

    > In a job where the earliest retirement age is 50, I retired at 60 after 6 years
    > as an officer, 8 years as a sergeant, and 11 years as a Lieutenant. Enough was
    > enough.
    >
    > BTW, the State of California still considers me a Peace Officer, and from time
    > to time will offer me specialized jobs as a retired annuitant Lieutenant (up
    > to 960 hours a year) and I maintain my weapons qualification.

    An older brother was with the Omaha police department (1969-1976), before an
    on-duty traffic accident forced him to quit. He was a pedestrian and his leg
    got severely injured, giving him a bit of a permanent limp. (In 2007, he had
    a knee-replacement operation.)

    His post-1976 employment has been as a member of campus security (at a local
    "metropolitan college"); he's a few years older, than you are.

    In 1992, his son (i.e., my nephew) became an officer...whose retirement age
    will most likely be somewhat younger, compared to that of a certain feathered
    foe of "fowl" play.

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>