Re: DOMAIN CONTROLLERS

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Dragon, Aug 12, 2004.

  1. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    Make both servers GCs. When your first DC fails, all your 'everyday' stuff
    will work on the second server. If the first one is gone down temporarily,
    then don't worry about anything. If it is permanent, then you can bring all
    your FSMO roles on the secondary.

    Dragon, Aug 12, 2004

  2. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    If you do not want to do simple clustering, then what you are looking for is
    called Server Mirroring. There are lots of different products out there for
    this purpose. Google for server mirroring and you shall see. FYI, Server
    mirroring can be expensive as you have redundant hardware (Full servers) and
    you have to pay for expensive software to mirror them.

    "jackal_esa" <> wrote in message
    > hi dragon thank you very much for your help.
    > but what i am asking for is, if for example i install office 2000 on the
    > first server (1st DC)is there any way to make this installation go to the

    2nd
    > server with out cluster software and ofcourse with out install the same
    > software installed on the 2nd server(DC) so in case that the first server
    > fails the second one will re[place its place directly and provide all THE
    > NETWORKING SERVICES AND ALL OTHER SOFTWARE products that were already
    > installed on the first server.
    > did you understand me Dragon? i want to typical servers in case one failed

    > will find another one in its place. i do not want the other to perform the
    > networking missons only, no all the services, software ,programs,... that

    run

    Dragon, Aug 12, 2004