Re: DOF preview in OVFs of DSLRs is crippled

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Pete D, Jun 15, 2008.

  1. Pete D

    Pete D Guest

    "Alfred Molon" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, Jake says...
    >> Which is why I have asked for aperture bracketing on SLR's for a while,
    >> which is only firmware at the end of the day!
    >>
    >> Do we get it? No we get bullsh*t direct print buttons, etc. instead,
    >> that
    >> we will never use in a million years.

    > It's better having a high resolution EVF or LCD screen. That way you can
    > precisely choose the right amount of DOF.
    > --

    Quite seriously every D-SLR has this built in, just take a shot and review
    it at high magnification.
    Pete D, Jun 15, 2008

  2. Pete D

    Cynicor Guest

    Alfred Molon wrote:
    > In article <48558ace$0$11621$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
    > 01.iinet.net.au>, Pete D says...
    >> "Alfred Molon" <> wrote in message
    >>> In article <>, Jake says...

    >>> It's better having a high resolution EVF or LCD screen. That way you can
    >>> precisely choose the right amount of DOF.
    >>> --

    >> Quite seriously every D-SLR has this built in, just take a shot and review
    >> it at high magnification.

    > No, only very few DSLRs come with live preview and a 640x480 LCD. No
    > DSLR has an EVF.

    A 640x480 LCD will quite accurately show you the DOF of an image that's
    printed at 640x480.
    Cynicor, Jun 15, 2008

  3. Pete D

    > In article <48558ace$0$11621$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
    > 01.iinet.net.au>, Pete D says...
    >>
    >> "Alfred Molon" <> wrote in message
    >> > In article <>, Jake says...

    >> > It's better having a high resolution EVF or LCD screen. That way you
    >> > can
    >> > precisely choose the right amount of DOF.
    >> > --

    >> Quite seriously every D-SLR has this built in, just take a shot and
    >> review
    >> it at high magnification.

    > No, only very few DSLRs come with live preview and a 640x480 LCD. No
    > DSLR has an EVF.
    > --

    You don't have to use live preview, just take a shot and have a effing look
    on the screen, how bloody hard is that?
    Pete D, Jun 16, 2008