Re: Does this header tell me the entry point?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by turtill@hotmail.com, Dec 10, 2005.

  1. Guest

    On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 19:11:07 -0800, "Mike Easter" <>
    wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >>> Can anybody tell me the point this header reached the internet
    >>> please.

    >When usenet headers do not contain bogosity, you can read the path line
    >backwards.
    >
    >> Is it really a mobile phone dialing up usenet or is it from
    >>> a BT originating source please?

    >Where are you getting BT?
    >
    >The last or receiving end is the one with the mobile in the path.
    >
    >The recipient received an item whose path was the opposite of

    >NNTPLoader.ip-mobilphone.net ! reader.corenews.com ! master.readnews.com
    >! 204.153.247.121.MISMATCH ! indigo.octanews.net ! canary.octanews.net !
    >green.octanews.net ! news-out.octanews.net ! news.moat.net !
    >news.usenetzone.com ! not-for-mail
    >
    >Another path of that same message to RFN is this:

    >canary.octanews.net! green.octanews.net! news-out.octanews.net!
    >news.moat.net! news.usenetzone.com! not-for-mail
    >
    >Here's some more of the headers which you left out:
    >
    >From: Saleh Jambo <delete email>
    >Newsgroups: uk.people.disability
    >Subject: PETER TURTILL FAQ
    >Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 08:08:52 +0000
    >
    >I would say that the headers contain no bogosity and that the item came
    >in the usenetzone server and then the recipient was the mobile.

    Yes that is the message although it was posted using numerous names
    and for obvious reasons I will not re-post it considering the problems
    I am having getting it taken down. The reason I asked about BT is
    because I thought the BT wire from the posters telephone line must
    have been used unless of course he was with a cable company. It hadn't
    occurred to me that 50 or so posts would have been made using a mobile
    connection. I really do not have a clue about reading headers and I am
    completely baffled by what you have told me even. However are you
    saying these posts originated from a mobile phone please?
    pete

    --
    Due to privacy considerations, I will not respond to mail from gmail.com.
    For more information, please visit www.google-watch.org/gmail.html

  2. Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:
    > "Mike Easter"

    >> Another path of that same message to RFN is this:

    >> canary.octanews.net! green.octanews.net! news-out.octanews.net!
    >> news.moat.net! news.usenetzone.com! not-for-mail

    This path is simpler to look at re the source and they are identical to
    the others up to octanews. It starts at usenetzone.

    >> I would say that the headers contain no bogosity and that the item
    >> came in the usenetzone server and then the recipient was the mobile.

    Except of course the 'recipient' in the RFN one was readfreenews since
    that's where I 'received' that one.

    > and for obvious reasons I will not re-post it considering the problems
    > I am having getting it taken down.

    Taken down? You can't really 'take down' a message which has been
    distributed all over the world. You might get it removed from
    googlegroups or some archiver or some particular newsserver that you
    'encounter' or use, but a usenet message is 'everywhere' -- it is
    impossible to take it down everywhere. Many newsservers don't honor
    cancels or supersedes.

    > The reason I asked about BT is
    > because I thought the BT wire from the posters telephone line must
    > have been used unless of course he was with a cable company.

    There is no information in the headers we are talking about which tells
    you how the poster accessed usenetzone. And the more time that goes by
    since Nov 25 when it was posted, the murkier the information will be if
    usenetzone wants to provide it.

    > It hadn't
    > occurred to me that 50 or so posts would have been made using a mobile
    > connection.

    Forget about that front end next to Path for determining where the
    message was posted from. Notice the RFN path doesn't have any of that
    because that part is the receiving end.

    > I really do not have a clue about reading headers and I am
    > completely baffled by what you have told me even. However are you
    > saying these posts originated from a mobile phone please?

    No. See hexst information

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Dec 11, 2005

  3. Guest

    On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 19:42:50 -0800, "Mike Easter" <>
    wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> "Mike Easter"

    >>> Another path of that same message to RFN is this:

    >>> canary.octanews.net! green.octanews.net! news-out.octanews.net!
    >>> news.moat.net! news.usenetzone.com! not-for-mail

    >This path is simpler to look at re the source and they are identical to
    >the others up to octanews. It starts at usenetzone.

    This surprises me as Dude has already dealt with this chap before for
    posting in my name. I assume he has got an account in someone elses
    name.

    >>> I would say that the headers contain no bogosity and that the item
    >>> came in the usenetzone server and then the recipient was the mobile.

    >Except of course the 'recipient' in the RFN one was readfreenews since
    >that's where I 'received' that one.
    >
    >> and for obvious reasons I will not re-post it considering the problems
    >> I am having getting it taken down.

    >Taken down? You can't really 'take down' a message which has been
    >distributed all over the world. You might get it removed from
    >googlegroups or some archiver or some particular newsserver that you
    >'encounter' or use, but a usenet message is 'everywhere' -- it is
    >impossible to take it down everywhere. Many newsservers don't honor
    >cancels or supersedes.

    Yes it is a problem certainly. Google have removed this post about 20
    times already but they will not remove any item without me faxing the
    details to them with a statement of truth etc. I have been trying to
    get these taken down since September when they first appeared. There
    are many posts like this that I do not bother with as they are all
    part of usenet and that is fair enough but this one is about my wifes
    illness and it has been stated it is posted so that my g/children will
    see it one day.

    >> The reason I asked about BT is
    >> because I thought the BT wire from the posters telephone line must
    >> have been used unless of course he was with a cable company.

    >There is no information in the headers we are talking about which tells
    >you how the poster accessed usenetzone. And the more time that goes by
    >since Nov 25 when it was posted, the murkier the information will be if
    >usenetzone wants to provide it.
    >
    >> It hadn't
    >> occurred to me that 50 or so posts would have been made using a mobile
    >> connection.

    >Forget about that front end next to Path for determining where the
    >message was posted from. Notice the RFN path doesn't have any of that
    >because that part is the receiving end.

    Yes I am begining to understand what you are posting but there is no
    way I would have got there alone.

    >> I really do not have a clue about reading headers and I am
    >> completely baffled by what you have told me even. However are you
    >> saying these posts originated from a mobile phone please?

    >No. See hexst information

    Yes that is a really very helpful post indeed and I am very grateful
    to hexst for his help.
    pete

    --
    Due to privacy considerations, I will not respond to mail from gmail.com.
    For more information, please visit www.google-watch.org/gmail.html
    , Dec 11, 2005
  4. Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    spewed forth:

    > This surprises me as Dude has already dealt with this chap before for
    > posting in my name. I assume he has got an account in someone elses
    > name.

    Get over it. Trolls will be trolls.

    --
    We put the "K" in "Kwality"!
    Toolman Tim, Dec 11, 2005
  5. Guest

    On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 11:10:45 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    <> wrote:

    >In news:,
    > spewed forth:
    >>
    >> This surprises me as Dude has already dealt with this chap before for
    >> posting in my name. I assume he has got an account in someone elses
    >> name.

    >Get over it. Trolls will be trolls.

    You are of course right and that is how I usually handle trolls. I
    ignore them but this chap has gone past the point of merely trolling
    and has become a harasser and worse.
    pete