re: Does Best Buy price match themselves?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by John Sayers, Aug 3, 2004.

  1. John Sayers

    John Sayers Guest

    "Morgan", tired of playing with himself, turns his addled attention to the
    matter of scamming a few extra bucks from his local Best Buy, more than
    likely to finance his growing array of unspeakable bad habits....what
    follows is his feeble plea, followed by my <and just about any other person
    that has ever had to deal with the public>'s honest reaction to his moronic
    scheme:

    > "Morgan" <> wrote in message
    > > "Jeffman316" <> wrote in message
    > > > Last week, my local Best Buy put out a lot of things early.
    > > > They had Sliders S1/S2, Knight Rider S1 and Abbott and Costello
    > > > Volume 3. I bought the Knight Rider and A/C sets. I knew they
    > > > would probably be on sale this week, but I was going to be out
    > > > of town on Tuesday and they only had 2-3 sets of each.
    > > >
    > > > When I get back in town at the end of the week, should I try
    > > > and make them match the new sale price for this week?
    > > >
    > > > Anyone have luck with that?
    > > > Jeff

    I work at a Borders, and when people try and return things in this manner
    they instantly considered cheapskates/pains in the ass/undesirable
    customers/assholes. We usually do the return and give the customer back his
    few bucks, but just to keep the line moving and avoid embarrassing the rest
    of the customers in line. Then we talk about the jerk for the rest of the
    day - "could you believe the doo-dads on that guy?...."
    John Sayers, Aug 3, 2004

  2. John Sayers

    Morgan Guest

    What an asshole!

    Morgan, Aug 3, 2004

  3. John Sayers

    Will Guest

    > I work at a Borders, and when people try and return things in this manner
    > they instantly considered cheapskates/pains in the ass/undesirable
    > customers/assholes. We usually do the return and give the customer back

    his
    > few bucks, but just to keep the line moving and avoid embarrassing the

    rest
    > of the customers in line. Then we talk about the jerk for the rest of the
    > day - "could you believe the doo-dads on that guy?...."

    Hmmm. This whole story sounds kind of fishy. Who in their right mind would
    shop at Border$ if they were concerned about money?
    Will, Aug 6, 2004