Re: Does anyone here read music?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, Nov 13, 2008.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    "WeReo_ScoTTy" <> wrote in
    news:WMYSk.616$:

    > I'm a Sixties guy, I don't read music. But I get a vibe from this:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/57sfg6
    > Nuclear Warrior Notation
    >
    > Take a look at let me know what you think, please. Especially line 6.
    > Thanks!

    For guitar and yet there's no chords and only one part. Pretty amateur.
    12/8? what kind of time signature is that???

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Nov 13, 2008

  2. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    Bill Baker <> wrote in

    > On Thursday November 13 2008 17:45, chuckcar <> wrote in
    > message news:<Xns9B55B30954976chucknilcar@127.0.0.1>
    >
    >> "WeReo_ScoTTy" <> wrote in
    >>

    >> For guitar and yet there's no chords and only one part. Pretty amateur.
    >> 12/8? what kind of time signature is that???

    > 12/8 is an actual valid time signature. It's about the only thing
    > that's right about the piece.

    Yes, exactly the same as 6/4. That leaves nothing I guess. It's some kind
    of game play by this fool anyways, so it hardly matters.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Nov 14, 2008

  3. chuckcar

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    chuckcar wrote:
    > Bill Baker <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Thursday November 13 2008 17:45, chuckcar <> wrote in
    >> message news:<Xns9B55B30954976chucknilcar@127.0.0.1>
    >>
    >>> "WeReo_ScoTTy" <> wrote in
    >>>

    >>> For guitar and yet there's no chords and only one part. Pretty amateur.
    >>> 12/8? what kind of time signature is that???

    >> 12/8 is an actual valid time signature. It's about the only thing
    >> that's right about the piece.
    >>

    > Yes, exactly the same as 6/4. That leaves nothing I guess. It's some kind
    > of game play by this fool anyways, so it hardly matters.

    12 8 is slower than 6 8
    Desk Rabbit, Nov 14, 2008
  4. chuckcar

    freemont Guest

    On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 22:45:42 +0000, chuckcar writ:

    > 12/8? what kind of time signature is that???

    Jazz waltz

    --
    "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
    ¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·-> freemont© <-·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
    freemont, Nov 14, 2008
  5. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    Desk Rabbit <> wrote in

    > chuckcar wrote:
    >> Bill Baker <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> On Thursday November 13 2008 17:45, chuckcar <> wrote in
    >>> message news:<Xns9B55B30954976chucknilcar@127.0.0.1>

    >>> 12/8 is an actual valid time signature. It's about the only thing
    >>> that's right about the piece.
    >>>

    >> Yes, exactly the same as 6/4. That leaves nothing I guess. It's some
    >> kind of game play by this fool anyways, so it hardly matters.
    >>

    > 12 8 is slower than 6 8

    No, they're the same. Just longer bars. 12 beats to the bar and the 1/8th
    note gets the beat. With my replacement you just replace the 1/8th notes
    with 1/4 and so on and you get the same piece. The difference only being
    you don't get the visual appeal of linked 1/8 notes.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Nov 14, 2008
  6. chuckcar

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    chuckcar wrote:
    > Desk Rabbit <> wrote in
    >
    >> chuckcar wrote:
    >>> Bill Baker <> wrote in

    >>> Yes, exactly the same as 6/4. That leaves nothing I guess. It's some
    >>> kind of game play by this fool anyways, so it hardly matters.
    >>>

    >> 12 8 is slower than 6 8
    >>

    > No, they're the same. Just longer bars. 12 beats to the bar and the 1/8th
    > note gets the beat. With my replacement you just replace the 1/8th notes
    > with 1/4 and so on and you get the same piece. The difference only being
    > you don't get the visual appeal of linked 1/8 notes.

    Actually what I should have said is that 12 8 is generally *used* in
    slower pieces. 6 8 is *generally* used in things like jigs etc.

    That said, the "music" posted has no indication of the tempo the
    "composer" intended so it could anything from Larghissimo to Prestissimo
    and all stops between.
    Desk Rabbit, Nov 14, 2008
  7. chuckcar

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    freemont wrote:
    > On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 22:45:42 +0000, chuckcar writ:
    >
    >> 12/8? what kind of time signature is that???

    > Jazz waltz

    Good example.
    Desk Rabbit, Nov 14, 2008
  8. chuckcar

    Dan C Guest

    On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 04:30:32 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

    >> 12/8 is an actual valid time signature. It's about the only thing
    >> that's right about the piece.

    > Yes, exactly the same as 6/4. That leaves nothing I guess. It's some
    > kind of game play by this fool anyways, so it hardly matters.

    So why do you fucking morons keep responding to the obvious trolling?

    Dan C, Nov 15, 2008
  9. chuckcar

    Guest

    Dan C <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 04:30:32 +0000, chuckcar wrote:
    >
    >>> 12/8 is an actual valid time signature. It's about the only thing
    >>> that's right about the piece.

    >> Yes, exactly the same as 6/4. That leaves nothing I guess. It's some
    >> kind of game play by this fool anyways, so it hardly matters.

    >So why do you fucking morons keep responding to the obvious trolling?

    Damn strange isn't it.

    I ignore anything posted by "WeReo_ScoTTy" <>
    yet so many people feel they have to reply...
    --

    Samorost
    http://amanita-design.net/samorost-1/
  10. chuckcar

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    WeReo_ScoTTy wrote:
    > "Bill" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <>,
    >> says...
    >>> On Thursday November 13 2008 23:30, chuckcar <> wrote in
    >>> message news:<Xns9B55EE4618659chucknilcar@127.0.0.1>

    >>> Well, not really.

    >>> Scotty's a legend in his own mind.
    >>>

    >> Objection, allusion to an object not in evidence.
    >>
    >> Bill

    > Awl the evidence I need is evident. This is clearly the greatest musical
    > masterpiece ever received by mere mortal humans.

    Nope, it is abundantly clear that is is a piece of gibberish.
    Desk Rabbit, Nov 21, 2008
  11. chuckcar

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    WeReo_ScoTTy wrote:
    > "Desk Rabbit" <> wrote in message
    >> chuckcar wrote:
    >>> Desk Rabbit <> wrote in

    >>> No, they're the same. Just longer bars. 12 beats to the bar and the 1/8th
    >>> note gets the beat. With my replacement you just replace the 1/8th notes
    >>> with 1/4 and so on and you get the same piece. The difference only being
    >>> you don't get the visual appeal of linked 1/8 notes.

    >> Actually what I should have said is that 12 8 is generally *used* in
    >> slower pieces. 6 8 is *generally* used in things like jigs etc.
    >>
    >> That said, the "music" posted has no indication of the tempo the
    >> "composer" intended so it could anything from Larghissimo to Prestissimo
    >> and all stops between.

    > Here is the "indication of the tempo" as God speaks-
    >
    > http://nuclearjamsandwichwarrior.com/audio.html
    > Nuclear Jam Sandwich Warrior Audio Clip

    Talentless rubbish.
    Desk Rabbit, Nov 21, 2008
  12. chuckcar

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    WeReo_ScoTTy wrote:
    > "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    >> Desk Rabbit <> wrote in

    >>> 12 8 is slower than 6 8
    >>>

    >> No, they're the same. Just longer bars. 12 beats to the bar and the 1/8th
    >> note gets the beat. With my replacement you just replace the 1/8th notes
    >> with 1/4 and so on and you get the same piece. The difference only being
    >> you don't get the visual appeal of linked 1/8 notes.

    > What we get here is the strangest document on earth. Especially with Line 6.

    Oh it's strange all right. Strange how anybody in their right mind could
    think that is music.
    Desk Rabbit, Nov 21, 2008
  13. chuckcar

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    WeReo_ScoTTy wrote:
    > "Bill Baker" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thursday November 13 2008 17:45, chuckcar <> wrote in
    >> message news:<Xns9B55B30954976chucknilcar@127.0.0.1>
    >>
    >>> "WeReo_ScoTTy" <> wrote in

    >>> For guitar and yet there's no chords and only one part. Pretty amateur.
    >>> 12/8? what kind of time signature is that???

    >> 12/8 is an actual valid time signature. It's about the only thing that's
    >> right about the piece.

    > What else is wrong with the piece?

    Where would you like us to start? There is just so much to choose from.
    Desk Rabbit, Nov 21, 2008
  14. chuckcar

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    WeReo_ScoTTy wrote:
    > "Desk Rabbit" <> wrote in message
    >> freemont wrote:
    >>> On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 22:45:42 +0000, chuckcar writ:

    >>> Jazz waltz

    >> Good example.

    > God hast spoken.

    God has given us a Jazz Waltz?
    Desk Rabbit, Nov 21, 2008
  15. chuckcar

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    WeReo_ScoTTy wrote:
    > "freemont" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 22:45:42 +0000, chuckcar writ:
    >>
    >>> 12/8? what kind of time signature is that???

    >> Jazz waltz

    > Jazz waltz? You'd be hardpressed to compare the Nuclear Warrior Song to a
    > jazz waltz. God has spoken.

    The time signature is one that can be used for a jazz waltz. You would
    indeed be hard pressed to compare the Nuclear Jam Sandwich noise to a
    Jazz Waltz, it's more like that horrible fizzing and whistling noise you
    get in your head the morning after a night on the beer.
    Desk Rabbit, Nov 21, 2008
  16. chuckcar

    Barry OGrady Guest

    Barry OGrady, Nov 23, 2008
  17. chuckcar

    freemont Guest

    On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 13:23:09 +1100, Barry OGrady writ:

    > Barry
    > =====
    > Home page
    > http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

    Link above results in javascript popup reading:

    <quote>
    <antivirusdefense.com>

    ATTENTION! If your computer is struck by the spyware, you could suffer
    data loss, erratic PC behaviour, PC freezes and creahes.

    Detect and remove viruses before they damage your computer!
    Antivirus 2009 will perform a 100% FREE and quick scan of your computer
    for Viruses, Spyware and Adware.

    Do you want to install Antivirus 2009 to scan your computer for malware
    now? (Recommended)
    </quote>

    And then attempts to force download of the AV2009 exe. Reported to iinet.
    freemont, Nov 23, 2008
  18. chuckcar

    Guest

    , Nov 23, 2008
  19. chuckcar

    freemont Guest

    On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 20:25:42 -0800, Pennywise writ:

    > freemont <> wrote:
    >

    >>> Barry
    >>> =====
    >>> Home page
    >>> http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

    >>Link above results in javascript popup reading:

    > He has been told of this before, I just put the link into my HOSTS file.

    About 15 minutes after I posted that, the popup and the resulting
    activity were gone.

    freemont, Nov 23, 2008
  20. freemont wrote:

    > Pennywise writ:

    >>> Link above results in javascript popup reading:

    >> He has been told of this before, I just put the link into my HOSTS
    >> file.

    > About 15 minutes after I posted that, the popup and the resulting
    > activity were gone.

    The code is still there. In the source, line 453, scroll to the right.
    It's the last line in the code.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 23, 2008