Re: does anybody know how to send a BCC

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Patrick, Aug 12, 2003.

  1. Patrick

    Patrick Guest

    Ernesto Armas wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am trying to send an e-mail to 10 people but I don't want any one
    > of these people to know that the same e-mail is going to each and
    > everyone of them.
    >
    > I know that i can use Cc. bit this is exacly what I don;t want ....
    > because they will all know that I am sending the same e-mail to
    > everybody.
    >
    > do you know how can i go about sending this type of e-mail
    > Ernie

    Why do you sign yourself as 'Ernie' when your 'From' field says that you are
    'Ernesto Armas'
    Also, have you changed sex within the last few hours, you were 'Heidi' (in
    post a while ago) and you are now 'Ernie'
    Patrick, Aug 12, 2003

  2. "Patrick" <> wrote:

    >Ernesto Armas wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> I am trying to send an e-mail to 10 people but I don't want any one
    >> of these people to know that the same e-mail is going to each and
    >> everyone of them.
    >>
    >> I know that i can use Cc. bit this is exacly what I don;t want ....
    >> because they will all know that I am sending the same e-mail to
    >> everybody.
    >>
    >> do you know how can i go about sending this type of e-mail
    >> Ernie

    >Why do you sign yourself as 'Ernie' when your 'From' field says that you are
    >'Ernesto Armas'
    >Also, have you changed sex within the last few hours, you were 'Heidi' (in
    >post a while ago) and you are now 'Ernie'

    Contrary to what some misguided k00ks would have you believe,
    nym-shifting is not 'illegal'.

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2
    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 13, 2003

  3. Patrick

    Patrick Guest

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD wrote:
    > "Patrick" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Ernesto Armas wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I am trying to send an e-mail to 10 people but I don't want any one
    >>> of these people to know that the same e-mail is going to each and
    >>> everyone of them.
    >>>
    >>> I know that i can use Cc. bit this is exacly what I don;t want ....
    >>> because they will all know that I am sending the same e-mail to
    >>> everybody.
    >>>
    >>> do you know how can i go about sending this type of e-mail
    >>> Ernie

    >> Why do you sign yourself as 'Ernie' when your 'From' field says that
    >> you are 'Ernesto Armas'
    >> Also, have you changed sex within the last few hours, you were
    >> 'Heidi' (in post a while ago) and you are now 'Ernie'

    > Contrary to what some misguided k00ks would have you believe,
    > nym-shifting is not 'illegal'.

    Who said that it was?
    I asked *why* did the OP change his name from 'Heidi' to 'Ernie'
    And please don't tell me that sex changes aren't illegal iether.
    Patrick, Aug 13, 2003
  4. Patrick

    Unknown Guest

    Click new mail---view--all headers.

    Unknown, Aug 13, 2003
  5. What you would need to do is include the e-mail addresses for all 10 people
    in the BCC field, leaving nobody in the CC field. Under To: you might want
    to just leave your own e-mail address so you get a copy of it.

    When the user receives the e-mail they will be unable to see who else the
    e-mail was sent to and it will actually look like you sent the e-mail to
    yourself.

    Hope that helps.
    Omer S. Fancy

    Omer S. Fancy, Aug 14, 2003