Re: do you just buy a new digital camera

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Frankhartx, Sep 2, 2003.

  1. Frankhartx

    Frankhartx Guest

    >From: Mike Graham

    >Cast off your chains Mikey-if you want a camera buy it and damn all else.
    >
    > That sounds just the wee-est bit short-sighted.

    Poor insecure Mikey
    Frankhartx, Sep 2, 2003

  2. Frankhartx

    Mike Graham Guest

    In article <>, Frankhartx wrote:

    >> That sounds just the wee-est bit short-sighted.

    > Poor insecure Mikey

    I *would* be insecure if I had financial difficulties. Luckily I don't,
    because I can control my spending. Instead of getting calls from collection
    agencies I get calls from the bank asking if I want a larger line of credit.
    I *could* buy a 1D and a range of lenses etc. today. I *could*, but I
    won't, because I don't *need* one, and if I was going to spend that kind of
    money I'd rather spend it on something else. We all have our own
    priorities, and we're all entitled to them.

    <http://www.metalmangler.com/photos/photos.htm>
    Mike Graham, Sep 2, 2003

  3. Frankhartx

    Don Coon Guest

    wrote:

    > >> That sounds just the wee-est bit short-sighted.

    > > Poor insecure Mikey

    > I *would* be insecure if I had financial difficulties. Luckily I don't,
    > because I can control my spending. Instead of getting calls from

    collection
    > agencies I get calls from the bank asking if I want a larger line of

    credit.
    > I *could* buy a 1D and a range of lenses etc. today. I *could*, but I
    > won't, because I don't *need* one, and if I was going to spend that kind

    of
    > money I'd rather spend it on something else. We all have our own
    > priorities, and we're all entitled to them.

    Well stated!
    Don Coon, Sep 2, 2003
  4. Frankhartx

    Mike Graham Guest

    In article <>, Frankhartx wrote:

    > You need what you want--if you really wanted a new camera you would go buy it
    > and if you would rather spend it on something else then why are you here?

    I am here because I want to better use the camera that I already *have*.
    I don't want to throw money at the problem... I'd rather spend the time and
    energy to learn to take better shots with my current camera.

    <http://www.metalmangler.com/photos/photos.htm>
    Mike Graham, Sep 2, 2003