Re: Do i need all these files and folders?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, Jul 9, 2010.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    "Brother Freebyrd" <> wrote in

    > I'm running out of hard drive space on this laptop and i'm trying to
    > delete crap i dont need.
    >
    > I have 247 folders in my windows folder named this or something like
    > it...$NtUninstallKB969898$. They're taking up a lot of hard drive
    > space.
    >
    > Do i need all these or can i move them to an external drive for same
    > keeping?

    Why don't you back up your data files onto CD's and then delete those
    you aren't currently using? That way you won't lose anything. Far better
    than losing completely them when your hard drive eventually dies.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jul 9, 2010

  2. chuckcar

    soup Guest

    On 09/07/2010 01:39, Evan Platt wrote:

    > Oh God.. Yes, chucktard we know. Because hard drives always fail. We
    > see it here every week. But no one has EVER in the history of the
    > world had a CD fail.

    Mmm Hard drive fail = X%
    CD fail =Y%
    Hard drive AND CD fail ≠X+Y %