Re: Do computer virus can cause account lockout?

  1. Pedro Simoes

    Pedro Simoes Guest

    "Jon" <> wrote in message
    > Is is possible that virus can cause account lockout? There are some

    users
    > that experience account lockout even I adjusted the account lockout
    > threshold
    > to 10.

    Actually I do remember a virus causing something like this. Check your
    lsass
    process and see if you see it more than once and if the cpu usage is
    unusually high. If this is the case, disconnect from the network and try
    log on again. If you don't notice the same slowness, and log on
    problems,
    you need to make sure your virus defs are up to date and run a scan. I
    think
    I had to wipe a few drives about 6 months ago with this. Also search the

    Symantec web site for virus info from about 6 months ago.

    Good luck

    Pedro Simoes, Nov 24, 2005