Re: Do any of these printers work with Windows 2000?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Enkidu, Jan 8, 2014.

  1. Enkidu

    Enkidu Guest

    On 07/01/14 16:27, Tony wrote:

    >>> Why?

    > I certainly wouldn't give you a Lexmark printer or anything else for
    > that matter. Lexmark, which took over the IBM printer range many
    > years ago, makes both ink and laser printers. Their ink printers have
    > always been a problem, high priced cartridges, but that is now true
    > of most lower priced ink printers. Their laser printers have always
    > been very reliable, toner costs are comparable to other manufacturers
    > unless you want to try refilling which is difficult (like many other
    > brands). Overall they are what many users want and can last for
    > years. What a shame you hijacked this thread; the question was "Do
    > any of these printers work with Windows 2000?". Yianni answered "All
    > Lexmark laser printers. ". Seems like a very responsible reply and of
    > course accurate, Yianni is always accurate and considered in his
    > posts and never rude, can you say the same about yourself?

    I've used Lexmark printers, both colour and b&w, but that was some (>8)
    years ago. They *were* nothing but trouble. I can't say that they still
    are. They would streak, refuse to recognise toner cartridges. We had
    several multi-tray Lexmarks and they caused endless problems too, not
    recognising paper in the trays and picking from the wrong tray! And they
    were noisy as!

    As I said, this was some time ago, but I'm not inclined to go for one
    myself.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Jan 8, 2014

  2. On Tue, 07 Jan 2014 23:32:27 -0600, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
    dot nz> wrote:

    >>> I certainly wouldn't give you a Lexmark printer or anything else for
    >>> that matter. Lexmark, which took over the IBM printer range many
    >>> years ago, makes both ink and laser printers. Their ink printers have
    >>> always been a problem, high priced cartridges, but that is now true
    >>> of most lower priced ink printers. Their laser printers have always
    >>> been very reliable, toner costs are comparable to other manufacturers
    >>> unless you want to try refilling which is difficult (like many other
    >>> brands). Overall they are what many users want and can last for
    >>> years. What a shame you hijacked this thread; the question was "Do
    >>> any of these printers work with Windows 2000?". Yianni answered "All
    >>> Lexmark laser printers. ". Seems like a very responsible reply and of
    >>> course accurate, Yianni is always accurate and considered in his
    >>> posts and never rude, can you say the same about yourself?
    >>>

    >>I've used Lexmark printers, both colour and b&w, but that was some (>8)
    >>years ago. They *were* nothing but trouble. I can't say that they still
    >>are. They would streak, refuse to recognise toner cartridges. We had
    >>several multi-tray Lexmarks and they caused endless problems too, not
    >>recognising paper in the trays and picking from the wrong tray! And they
    >>were noisy as!
    >>
    >>As I said, this was some time ago, but I'm not inclined to go for one
    >>myself.
    >>
    >>Cheers,
    >>
    >>Cliff

    >That's a reasonable opinion based on your experience instead of a selective
    >pick from the internet. I believe their laser printers are better now (that is
    >my experience), their ink printers were not great at all and there is a
    >suggestion that they may be getting out of the ink printer business.
    >
    >Tony

    From a so called expert don't make me laugh, have you ever serviced Real
    Computer Printer..?

    Frank Williams, Jan 8, 2014