Re: Dlink Wireless card not showing on XP

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by TW, Aug 3, 2004.

  1. TW

    TW Guest

    The Dlink instructions CLEARLY STATE that you MUST install the drivers
    BEFORE you install the card.

    You need to remove the card from your network properties, restart, reinstall
    the drivers, shutdown and install the card, and then XP will find the card.
    This works for me every time.

    "mike" <> wrote in message
    > if you 'upgraded' to xp over me you will have problems.
    > under control panel/device manager etc, remove/uninstall ALL network
    > hardware & protocol services.
    > shut the pc down.
    > reboot, let it settle. log in with admin rights.then shutdown
    >
    > put back the wireless card.
    > install the software.
    > it might work then.
    > if not.
    > reboot again.
    > if TCP/IP has not gone back on automatically, then put it back, set to

    auto
    > DHCP/auto ip ad
    > then reboot again
    >
    > mike
    >
    > "sparky" <> wrote in message
    > > I just recently installed XP Pro on a computer that was running ME and

    is
    > connected to a wireless home network using a DLink DWL-520 PCI wireless
    > network card. I thought XP would automatically detect the card but it
    > didn't and I lost my connection to the network and internet. Further, XP
    > showed that I have a Realtec ethernet card with the cable disconnected -
    > which I don't. The only network/ethernet card on my PC is the DLink card.
    > I went to the manual hardware set up screen to select the DLink card from
    > the list of hardware and DLink isn't listed at all. DLink's instructions

    on
    > their web site simply say that XP will detect the card when the software

    is

    TW, Aug 3, 2004

  2. TW

    mike Guest