    Still having problems with display, only 16 bit colour, removed then found
    the same driver in windows ?? Still no sound, the drivers are all standard.
    Worked before i did the re install???
    adam sage, Dec 20, 2003

  2. Look in your devicemanager, and check your monitor and display-adapter,
    maybe there is a conflict with other components?
    If something is marked yellow og red, you`ve got a problem with those
    components...

    Make sure you`re using correct drivers too... double-check it... ;)

    Stian

    Stian Martinsen, Dec 20, 2003

  3. "adam sage" <> wrote in message
    > Still having problems with display, only 16 bit colour, removed then

    found
    > the same driver in windows ?? Still no sound, the drivers are all

    standard.
    > Worked before i did the re install???

    Which graphics card do you have ?
    Steven Pilbeam, Dec 20, 2003
  4. adam sage

    Ghostmaster Guest

    "adam sage" <> wrote in message
    : Still having problems with display, only 16 bit colour, removed then found
    : the same driver in windows ?? Still no sound, the drivers are all
    standard.
    : Worked before i did the re install???
    :
    :
    Could be on default. Did you check by right clicking the desktop select
    properties click the settings tab, and see what your setting is in there?
    Or find the display tab one or the other. Display could be under control
    panel. Your sound will be under the control panel too. You may have to go
    to advanced tab under sound and make sure the right type of speakers is
    tweaked. There is also level for sound. On mine I had to turn each all the
    way up in order for the sound to come in. My Icon in the control panel is
    the sound and devices. your may be different. the volume tab is the one you
    need. Device volume is one to turn up, and then select the speaker
    settings from there, and speaker volume, and advanced buttons also. I had
    to mess with both. Preformance is one to check under advanced. There is
    plenty of advanced settings to choose from. You will just have to tweak
    till you get it right. May help too if you check to be sure its hooked up/
    plugged in and the speakers are on if they have a on off knob. You dont
    know how many times people overlook this.
    Ghostmaster, Dec 20, 2003
  5. adam sage

    Bruce Guest

    "adam sage" <> wrote in message
    > Still having problems with display, only 16 bit colour, removed then found
    > the same driver in windows ?? Still no sound, the drivers are all

    standard.
    > Worked before i did the re install???
    >
    > You need the drivers for the motherboard & the graphics card (if

    seoerate).
    The first thing you need to do is identify the make and model of the
    motherboard (found on the mainboard) or download SIS Sandra from Cnet.com
    install & run it ,that should tell you the make etc. Then go to the
    manufacturers site i.e. PC Chips and under downloads ,download the
    appropriste files. and install them. You will need Audio, VGA (if built in)
    modem etc.

    Bruce Liverpool UK
    Bruce, Dec 20, 2003