Re: disk wipe---DOD short wipe versus DOD long wipe

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by John O, Jun 13, 2008.

  1. John O

    John O Guest

    > to at any cost) and not even law enforcement would attempt such recovery
    > unless there was a very specific, very compelling reason to do so.

    In a couple weeks I get to hang out with guys who work at one of the FBI
    forensics labs. As you say Barry, even they rarely send drives out for
    recovery (they contract out the procedure) after a wipe because of the
    expense and because they can usually find other evidence at far less expense
    and time.....most criminals just aren't smart enough to cover *all* their
    tracks.

    -We recently wrote an IT forensics course...very cool stuff.

    -John O
    John O, Jun 13, 2008