Re: Disk Drive Problem ... Help needed

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by John T Maguire, Mar 15, 2008.

  1. On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 12:11:53 -0400, Barry Watzman
    <> wrote:

    Barry, try it with a jumper on D-B, it's the only thing I
    can think of -

    --
    John T Maguire, Kennebunkport
    Mutley's Photo Diary; www.mousam-river.com/MUTLEYS/MUTLEY.HTM
    John T Maguire, Mar 15, 2008

  2. John T Maguire

    John O Guest

    "Barry Watzman" <> wrote in message
    > Tried that. No go. And it was not visible in BIOS, so no utilities would
    > detect it.
    >
    > Tried everything and I'm sure that the hard drive had an obscure defect
    > that made it inop on SOME systems. I put the drive on a desktop using an
    > IDE adapter and ZAP gave a "sector not found error". Then, sadly, I
    > incorrectly plugged in the IDE desktop to laptop adapter (off by one pin)
    > and blew up the drive. So it's all moot now.

    Heh, I did that once and smoked the adapter, too. Literally.

    -John O
    John O, Mar 16, 2008

  3. On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 11:03:02 -0400, Barry Watzman
    <> wrote:

    I figured it was either the cable select or that the drive
    had spin up/power problems. My opinion is that you are
    better off with it dead, I don't think you could have
    trusted it.

    John

    John T Maguire, Mar 17, 2008
  4. John T Maguire

    smackedass Guest

    > I figured it was either the cable select or that the drive
    > had spin up/power problems. My opinion is that you are
    > better off with it dead, I don't think you could have
    > trusted it.

    Here here. RIP.

    sa
    smackedass, Mar 17, 2008