Re: Disconnected every 5 minutes

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Stranger, Nov 10, 2004.

  1. Stranger

    Stranger Guest

    Brett Smith wrote:
    > doesn't this lower the security of your system?
    > god I find all this so bloody confusing!

    Seems I remember reading somewhere that this option only applies to
    ad-hoc computer networks; BUT, I could be wrong.

    Stranger

    Stranger, Nov 10, 2004

  2. Nope. It's happening to a lot of people:

    http://www.overclockers.com/tips1164/

    I wrote to PC Magazine about a similar issue which happened when I disabled
    the SSID on the router. I worked with PC Magazine's M. David Stone on an
    answer but we never were able to truly figure it out:

    Here is the best 'band-aid' I have found for it so far (with no help from MS
    on this, btw)

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Nov 10, 2004