    proper home page.

    Does anyone know if this is an attempt to redirect my browser or how I might
    fix this?

    Michael Levengood, Feb 19, 2005

  2. Michael Levengood

    Jay Calvert Guest

    Michael Levengood wrote:
    > I have a desktop that wirelessly shares a connection on my home network. Of
    > late it refuses to connect to the set home page in IE or Firefox.
    >
    > I notice when it tries to connect it attempts to connect to 65.54.211.90 and
    > then fails. I have been unable to figure out what this address is. If I stop
    > the connnection attempt and click home - either browser then connects to the
    > proper home page.
    >
    > Does anyone know if this is an attempt to redirect my browser or how I might
    > fix this?

    65.54.211.90 is registered to Microsoft and according to NetGeo
    lookup,it is actually in Redmond, WA (Home of MS) and when browsing to
    it, it comes up with a MSN error page. I wouldn't worry too much about
    it because it is a legitimate site, However if something has changed
    your default homepage, run HijackThis on your computer.

    If you are unaware of HijackThis, check out a write up on my site:

    http://habaneronetworks.com/viewArticle.php?ID=92

    Jay Calvert
    HabaneroNetworks.com

    Jay Calvert, Feb 19, 2005