Re: Digital TV

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by squirltop@yahoo.com, May 27, 2009.

  1. Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:
    > Okay, they're getting ready to turn off analog TV broadcasting, not a
    > problem for me, I'm on cable. BUT, there's an older woman who has
    > dedicated her life to serving disadvantaged people in our area who lives
    > where there is no cable. She's been using an antenna for broadcast
    > reception for years and years. I recently went to her house to hook up a
    > digital converter and NOTHING, absolutely nothing was coming through.
    > Her antenna appears to be of good quality and in good shape.
    >
    > I know it's a weak signal to blame,

    A broadcast message seemed to mention that if the signal just doesn't
    work well, that a different type of analog antenna may be needed. Even
    if a previous antenna had worked well for years and was still in good
    condition.

    Rooftop is obviously best.

    sci.electronics group the people are usually more aware of stuff that
    has to do with tv audio and such

    , May 27, 2009