    Minolta 7Hi

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, Aug 7, 2003

  2. Lucas Tam

    Silvio Dante Guest

    Lucas Tam <> staggered into the Bada Bing and slurred:

    > (LiDanFrey) wrote in news:566e92e7.0308061659.5e2fe9b3
    >@posting.google.com:
    >
    >> I'd like to buy one 5 MP or more.

    >Canon G5
    >Fuji S7000
    >Nikon 5700
    >Minolta 7Hi

    Olympus 5050

    I think a good common sense rule is to avoid cameras that are made by
    companies that did not have an established reputation in camera
    manufacturing before digital came along.

    Such as Hewlett-Packard... who do they think they are, manufacturing
    cameras?

    "She's so fat, her blood type is Ragu."
    Silvio Dante, Aug 7, 2003

  3. > >>> I'd like to buy one 5 MP or more.

    > >>Canon G5
    > >>Fuji S7000
    > >>Nikon 5700
    > >>Minolta 7Hi

    > > Olympus 5050

    > Ah ha. I knew I missed one! I was trying to think of which camera : )

    You missed the best in this class: Sony DSC-F717 ... ;-)

    Godfrey
    Godfrey DiGiorgi, Aug 7, 2003
  4. > >Canon G5
    > >Fuji S7000
    > >Nikon 5700
    > >Minolta 7Hi

    > Olympus 5050
    >
    > I think a good common sense rule is to avoid cameras that are made by
    > companies that did not have an established reputation in camera
    > manufacturing before digital came along.

    I would disagree. (WAIT! Wait until I am finished) Just because a company
    knows how to make good FILM camera doesn't mean they have any experience with
    CCDs or digital. If anything, Sony or Panasonic that are not pros in the
    film camera market that have been making video cameras for years would have
    more experience than the film camera companies.

    BUT... (here are the other variables)

    That doesn't mean that any company can't hire good people to engineer the best
    of anything. Someone could come out with a company tomorrow that makes
    cameras better than Canon or Nikon. It IS possible.

    Of course, in your favor, these established camera companies have better lenses
    that others do, and lens technology doesn't change from film to digital, so
    they have a big head start there. Of course companies like Sony and
    Panasonic use lenses from the pros and then all they have to worry about is the
    CCD and the electronics after it.

    I never rule out any company just because they didn't make something before,
    but I compare their results with all the others. I would have thought that
    the Sony digital cameras would be better than one from Canon for the same
    reason you have, Sony has more of an established reputation in video and
    digital cameras. Turns out I like the Canons better after research. But I
    didn't just throw out certain brands right away and not consider them, and good
    thing I didn't. I have a Nikon film camera and never imagined I would find
    that the Canon digital cameras I like better than the Nikons, but that is what
    happened.

    No more brand loyalty for me. In the past Sony VHS VCRs were the best, now
    they are some of the worst and JVC is better. Even over a few years one
    company changes the quality because of company mergers, new CEOs, cost cutting,
    etc.

    Everytime you want to buy something, you have to do all the research over
    again. This month the Canon was the best for me. If I want a new camera in
    a year or two, I will have to do the research all over again and it may end up
    being another brand. But I won't just go and buy another Canon blindly.
    Jon Wordsworth, Aug 7, 2003
  5. Lucas Tam

    Lucas Tam Guest

    Godfrey DiGiorgi <> wrote in news:070820030916275560%
    :

    > You missed the best in this class: Sony DSC-F717 ... ;-)

    Blah : b Memory stick.

    haha.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, Aug 7, 2003
  6. Lucas Tam

    Midia Guest

    Go with Oly c5050-zoom. you will be satisfied.

    Midia
    http://users.stargate.net/~midia

    Midia, Aug 8, 2003