Re: Digital Camera for nightclub?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jim Townsend, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. Jim Townsend

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Tim wrote:

    > I'm after a camera that can handle the mixed light conditions in a
    > nightclub pretty well. It needs to be digital, at least 1600x1200
    > (2MP) with backlit screen, and a flash. Given the hostile (to
    > electronics at least) environment, I'm also looking to spend as little
    > as possible (£100 max). I'm looking at the HP photosmart 320 and the
    > Praktica DC20 at the mo. Can anyone recommend these or an alternative?

    One additional thing.. You'll find the tiny built-in flash in all digicams is
    only good for about 10 feet. I wouldn't count on great results with the
    flash. In some cases using ambient light instead of the flash might be a
    better alternative.

    Indoor shooting of moving people under low light is a very tough thing to do
    even for an expensive camera.
    Jim Townsend, Jul 23, 2003