Re: Digital Camera for nightclub?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Zol., Jul 23, 2003.

  1. Zol.

    Zol. Guest

    If you can stretch to £169 you could go for a Canon A60 whch has a `Night
    Scene` mode which I think would be great if you want to capture clear images
    of people near the camera and have motion blurring in the background - and
    there`s lots of manual adjusts as well to get the shots just right - of
    course it all depends on how active you are as to practicalities of using a
    camera like this ... Zol.

    Zol., Jul 23, 2003

  2. Zol.

    Guest

    please post some samples after you've shot all the ladies with your night cam
    :)

    "Zol." schreef:

    > If you can stretch to £169 you could go for a Canon A60 whch has a `Night
    > Scene` mode which I think would be great if you want to capture clear images
    > of people near the camera and have motion blurring in the background - and
    > there`s lots of manual adjusts as well to get the shots just right - of
    > course it all depends on how active you are as to practicalities of using a
    > camera like this ... Zol.
    >
    > "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > > I'm after a camera that can handle the mixed light conditions in a
    > > nightclub pretty well. It needs to be digital, at least 1600x1200
    > > (2MP) with backlit screen, and a flash. Given the hostile (to
    > > electronics at least) environment, I'm also looking to spend as little
    > > as possible (£100 max). I'm looking at the HP photosmart 320 and the
    > > Praktica DC20 at the mo. Can anyone recommend these or an alternative?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Tim

    , Jul 23, 2003

  3. Zol.

    Tim Guest

    "Zol." <> wrote in message news:<5nsTa.25901$>...
    > If you can stretch to £169 you could go for a Canon A60 whch has a `Night
    > Scene` mode which I think would be great if you want to capture clear images
    > of people near the camera and have motion blurring in the background - and
    > there`s lots of manual adjusts as well to get the shots just right - of
    > course it all depends on how active you are as to practicalities of using a
    > camera like this ... Zol.

    A little more than I was looking to pay, but may certainly be worth a
    look for the extra features. I've also come across the Yakumo Mega
    Image III, which seems fantastic for the price on paper, but does
    anyone know if they're any good for actual use? I'm always a bit
    dubious of a brand i've never heard of!

    Thanks

    Tim

    Tim, Jul 23, 2003