Re: Digital Camera Batteries and an Apology

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by WMH, Aug 23, 2003.

  1. WMH

    WMH Guest

    For those who tried to help, I appreciate what you have written and I will
    try the things you have suggested. I also apologize for starting something
    that seems to have brought out some very negative attitudes. I really only
    wanted to get some opinions about a particular battery. If anyone has
    actually tried the PowerEX, please let me know. I am new to digital
    photography and had hoped to get some help here.
    "WMH" <> wrote in message
    > I recently bought some Energizer NiMH batteries for my Minolta S404 and

    was
    > disappointed in how quickly the lost their charge. Has anyone tried the
    > PowerEX 2200 mAh batteries? I have read that they hold a charge better

    than

    WMH, Aug 23, 2003

  2. > try the things you have suggested. I also apologize for starting something
    > that seems to have brought out some very negative attitudes.

    Apology accepted, I guess.

    > I really only
    > wanted to get some opinions about a particular battery.

    But you do have to admit now that it was sort of rude to ask that, don't you?

    > actually tried the PowerEX, please let me know. I am new to digital
    > photography and had hoped to get some help here.

    Since you are new here, we will forgive you this time, only because you
    apologized, but I don't think we could take another round of something like
    this here, many of us have pace makers in this group, so try to be careful of
    what you say.

    Thanks.
    Group Manager.

    Joe Sarcoffline, Aug 23, 2003

  3. WMH

    Chris Lemon Guest

    "WMH" <> wrote in message
    > If anyone has actually tried the PowerEX, please
    > let me know.

    I have a set of PowerEx and a set of Energizers for my camera. 1850 mAh
    each, as I recall.

    Each works pretty much just as well as the others.

    --
    Chris Lemon

    http://fredsmythe.com
    EFNet: FredSmyth

    Chris Lemon, Aug 23, 2003
  4. Andrew McDonald <> wrote in message news:<3f47754b_2@127.0.0.1>...
    > WMH wrote:> I have been using PowerEx for several years. They have been great
    > batteries, especially used with the Maha C204F charger at
    > www.thomasdistributing.com. I have upgraded to the C410FS charger and
    > just recently got two sets of Powerex 2200 AA batteries for my SB80DX flash.

    I have been using PowerEx 1500Mah for a year and am thrilled.

    I took over 200 pix WITh flash at an event and used LCD several times
    and did NOT run out of power. I used C204F charger. 1500 Mah no
    longer avail AFAIK. I bought tail end at $4.95/4.

    I had broght extra set of 4 to evnt but an out of flash memory b4 I
    ran out of power. Had to switch to 640x480 [ugh!!!].

    Figure don 50 families, got 200!

    Ray Normandeau, Aug 25, 2003