Re: Difficulty PIX ssh server via Putty.

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Brian V, Sep 30, 2006.

  1. Brian V

    Brian V Guest

    "barret bonden" <> wrote in message

    > Difficulty getting onto PIX ssh server via Putty. I get as far as the
    > black login screen in Putty , am asked for my username and then rejected
    > when I enter my password.
    >
    > I've re-generated the ca keys, and recreated the password. I've used the
    > PIX command to show the SHH processes and I see myself starting to come
    > in.
    >
    > Any advice gratefully received .
    >

    > Some questions - which password is it asking for ? same as used in telnet,
    > I assume. Any config changes to Putty settings recommended ?
    >

    > (it's a brand new, out of the box PIX I took the adice found here and
    > didn't go to EBAY - found a 501 for $360. Many thanks guys; feels good to
    > own new, and great to have my own to play with)

    unless you changed it to login local or to some type of authentication
    server the username is pix and the password is your enable password. If you
    did not set the enable password just use the username of pix and leave the
    password blank.

    Brian V, Sep 30, 2006