Re: Differences between xp home and pro?

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by «BONEHEAD>>, Dec 31, 2004.

  1. «BONEHEAD>>

    «BONEHEAD>> Guest

    "smackedass" <> wrote in message
    > Hello again,
    >
    > Can someone provide me with a link?
    >
    > Thanks in advance, and Happy New Year to all!
    >
    > smackedass

    www.google.com

    In order to promote more efficient search techniques for
    simple questions I suggest using the above tool...

    One answer: about 16megs of files...

    --
    <B0N3H3@D>
    «BONEHEAD>>, Dec 31, 2004

  2. On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 19:38:57 GMT, "smackedass"
    <> wrote:

    >Haw! Yeah, I had that coming...actually, I was poking around in the MS
    >site, but nagging hangover and screaming children apparently compromised my
    >ability to find a very obvious and accessible solution.
    >
    >Happy New Year
    >
    >smackedass (Ken)

    One of the main differences is the ability to remotely control your PC
    with Pro, I think...something about the online, not registration
    but...oh heck. My memory sucks, but try this...

    http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_home_pro.asp

    :)

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Dec 31, 2004

  3. «BONEHEAD>>

    > Haw! Yeah, I had that coming...actually, I was poking around in the MS
    > site, but nagging hangover and screaming children apparently compromised

    my
    > ability to find a very obvious and accessible solution.
    >
    > Happy New Year
    >
    > smackedass (Ken)
    >

    > >www.google.com
    > >
    > >In order to promote more efficient search techniques for
    > >simple questions I suggest using the above tool...
    > >
    > >One answer: about 16megs of files...

    Truthfully Pro has advanced networking features and some
    admin tools... I never really could understand why these were
    left out of HOME... Monkeysoft at its best...

    --
    <B0N3H3@D>
    «BONEHEAD>>, Dec 31, 2004
  4. «BONEHEAD>>

    Guest

    XP home does not support joining a domain. It lacks indepth networking
    features.

    Remote system administration is not supported, unless a help call is
    made.

    Many administrative tools are left ou, such as tasklist.exe.
    , Dec 31, 2004