Re: Differences between 3550-24-SMI and 3550-24-EMI

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Steinar Haug, Oct 20, 2003.

  1. Steinar Haug

    Steinar Haug Guest

    ["One Step Beyond"]

    | Take my word for it.
    |
    | "Steinar Haug" <> wrote in message
    | > ["One Step Beyond"]
    | >
    | > | 3550 can do subinterfaces on the routed ports. Even SMI can do this
    | and
    | > | sure you can use secondary addresses on those subinterfaces with SMI.
    | > | However, you CANNOT do dot1q encapsulation on a routed port on the SMI
    | > | image. You need to use the EMI image to do that.
    | >
    | > I'm willing to believe 3550-EMI and dot1q encapsulation on a routed port
    | > if you can show me a working example - not otherwise. I can't find
    | anything
    | > in the documentation which indicates this is possible.

    I'm afraid your word is absolutely useless here - it doesn't help me
    find out *how* to do this if it were indeed possible. So until this is
    documented, or somebody shows a working example, I'm going to assume
    it is *not* possible.

    Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting,

    Steinar Haug, Oct 20, 2003