Re: Did everybody leave town?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Tony Cooper, Jun 27, 2013.

  1. Tony Cooper

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 09:07:20 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >This is weird. I haven't seen a new photo NG post for almost 24 hours.
    >
    >Did everybody leave town for an extra long weekend?
    >...or have we just reached the point of total apathy with regard to the
    >photography debate?

    It must be your news server. Whisky-Dave has been commenting on my
    "Window" photograph. I posted a black and white photo last night and
    Sandman commented on it.

    BTW...*which* photography debate?

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
    Tony Cooper, Jun 27, 2013

  2. Tony Cooper

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 12:31:43 -0400, Tony Cooper <>
    wrote:
    : On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 09:07:20 -0700, Savageduck
    : <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    :
    : >This is weird. I haven't seen a new photo NG post for almost 24 hours.
    : >
    : >Did everybody leave town for an extra long weekend?
    : >...or have we just reached the point of total apathy with regard to the
    : >photography debate?
    :
    : It must be your news server. Whisky-Dave has been commenting on my
    : "Window" photograph. I posted a black and white photo last night and
    : Sandman commented on it.
    :
    : BTW...*which* photography debate?

    Thanks for asking, I was afraid I was the only one who didn't know what he
    meant. ;^)

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Jun 28, 2013

  3. Tony Cooper

    PeterN Guest

    On 6/27/2013 1:52 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2013-06-27 09:31:43 -0700, Tony Cooper <> said:
    >
    >> On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 09:07:20 -0700, Savageduck
    >> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> This is weird. I haven't seen a new photo NG post for almost 24 hours.
    >>>
    >>> Did everybody leave town for an extra long weekend?
    >>> ...or have we just reached the point of total apathy with regard to the
    >>> photography debate?

    >> It must be your news server. Whisky-Dave has been commenting on my
    >> "Window" photograph. I posted a black and white photo last night and
    >> Sandman commented on it.
    >>
    >> BTW...*which* photography debate?

    > Any photography debate! ;-)
    >
    > Yup! Something strange happened to my server, I have had to clear the
    > message cache for each of my subscribed NGs and reload the headers.
    > I seem to have returned to the World of nit pickers and vague
    > interpretation of posts. What fun!!

    Weird. My former server, just disappeared, so I am trying a new one.
    They have a 14 day free trial.

    --
    PeterN
    PeterN, Jun 28, 2013
  4. Tony Cooper

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 09:58:22 -0400, PeterN
    <> wrote:

    >On 6/27/2013 1:52 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    >> On 2013-06-27 09:31:43 -0700, Tony Cooper <> said:

    >>> It must be your news server. Whisky-Dave has been commenting on my
    >>> "Window" photograph. I posted a black and white photo last night and
    >>> Sandman commented on it.
    >>>
    >>> BTW...*which* photography debate?

    >> Any photography debate! ;-)
    >>
    >> Yup! Something strange happened to my server, I have had to clear the
    >> message cache for each of my subscribed NGs and reload the headers.
    >> I seem to have returned to the World of nit pickers and vague
    >> interpretation of posts. What fun!!
    >>

    >Weird. My former server, just disappeared, so I am trying a new one.
    >They have a 14 day free trial.

    You can't go wrong with news.individual.net at 10 euros a year payable
    by PayPal with conversion to US$ at $13.07 currently.

    http://www.individual.net/ (The "German server")

    They've never gone out that I remember in the decade or so I've used
    them.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
    Tony Cooper, Jun 28, 2013
  5. Tony Cooper

    PeterN Guest

    On 6/28/2013 10:22 AM, Tony Cooper wrote:
    > On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 09:58:22 -0400, PeterN
    > <> wrote:

    >>> Any photography debate! ;-)
    >>>
    >>> Yup! Something strange happened to my server, I have had to clear the
    >>> message cache for each of my subscribed NGs and reload the headers.
    >>> I seem to have returned to the World of nit pickers and vague
    >>> interpretation of posts. What fun!!
    >>>

    >> Weird. My former server, just disappeared, so I am trying a new one.
    >> They have a 14 day free trial.

    > You can't go wrong with news.individual.net at 10 euros a year payable
    > by PayPal with conversion to US$ at $13.07 currently.
    >
    > http://www.individual.net/ (The "German server")
    >
    > They've never gone out that I remember in the decade or so I've used
    > them.

    Thanks, I'll look if I run into isues. this new one seems OK, at about
    $24 a year. If this works, I will probably keep it.

    --
    PeterN
    PeterN, Jun 29, 2013