Re: dialpass

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by DeMoN LaG, Oct 14, 2003.

  1. DeMoN LaG

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    (Tony) wrote in news:a40b1cd5.0310140827.4ed68a49
    @posting.google.com:

    > I was recently told to use the dialpass program to find out what my
    > dial up password was. It worked perfectly (thanx again). I was
    > wondering how this program works. I am assuming htat there is some
    > type of text file on my hard drive that contains this information. If
    > so, what is the file used by Windows 2000 professional and is it
    > encrypted? If this is not the case, then I would really like to know
    > how this program works, if anybody knows.

    You mean the thing that makes the *'s turn back to letters/numbers? If I
    understand it correctly, it merely peeks into the window's internals and
    disables the masking of the password so it appears normally.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    DeMoN LaG, Oct 14, 2003

  2. DeMoN LaG

    Yep Guest

    DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote in message news:<Xns9414A945E24F2Wobbly@216.168.3.30>...
    > (Tony) wrote in news:a40b1cd5.0310140827.4ed68a49
    > @posting.google.com:
    >
    > > I was recently told to use the dialpass program to find out what my
    > > dial up password was. It worked perfectly (thanx again). I was
    > > wondering how this program works. I am assuming htat there is some
    > > type of text file on my hard drive that contains this information. If
    > > so, what is the file used by Windows 2000 professional and is it
    > > encrypted? If this is not the case, then I would really like to know
    > > how this program works, if anybody knows.
    > >

    > You mean the thing that makes the *'s turn back to letters/numbers? If I
    > understand it correctly, it merely peeks into the window's internals and
    > disables the masking of the password so it appears normally.

    Are you sure that is the program you installed. If so you may have
    some trouble coming your way.

    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/dialer.dialpass.html
    Yep, Oct 15, 2003

  3. DeMoN LaG

    Tony Guest

    Actually, the program that I used (successfully) is called dialpass.exe.

    Tony, Oct 21, 2003