Re: Dialling 101

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Peter Watson, Jul 23, 2011.

  1. Peter Watson

    Peter Watson Guest

    On 23/07/2011 15:24, Andrew Benham wrote:
    > The monthly newsletter for our ward from the Metropolitan Police tells
    > that we can now dial 101 to report non-emergency crimes.
    >
    > There's info at:
    >
    > http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/CrimeJusticeAndTheLaw/Reportingcrimeandantisocialbehaviour/DG_185338
    >
    > Bearing in mind the response we often get in this area to reporting
    > emergency crimes, I guess dialling 101 will be a waste of time.

    Is there an obligation for all providers to provide the correct routing
    for 101?

    I use VOIP (Sipgate) exclusively for my outgoing calls for instance...
    What about people who only have mobiles?
    Peter Watson, Jul 23, 2011

  2. In article <mREWp.19895$2>,
    Peter Watson <> wrote:
    >On 23/07/2011 15:24, Andrew Benham wrote:
    >> The monthly newsletter for our ward from the Metropolitan Police tells
    >> that we can now dial 101 to report non-emergency crimes.
    >>
    >> There's info at:
    >>

    >http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/CrimeJusticeAndTheLaw/Reportingcrimeandantisocialbehaviour/DG_185338
    >>
    >> Bearing in mind the response we often get in this area to reporting
    >> emergency crimes, I guess dialling 101 will be a waste of time.

    >Is there an obligation for all providers to provide the correct routing
    >for 101?
    >
    >I use VOIP (Sipgate) exclusively for my outgoing calls for instance...
    >What about people who only have mobiles?

    Sipgate (via Magrathea) ought to support 101 as well as 111 (non emergency
    NHS number)

    I'd give it a go and see what happens :)

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Jul 24, 2011

  3. Peter Watson

    Owain Guest

    On Jul 24, 8:26 am, Gordon Henderson wrote:
    > Sipgate (via Magrathea) ought to support 101 as well as 111 (non emergency
    > NHS number)

    That might be interesting as my Sipgate number is 020 3

    Obviously the *phone* isn't anywhere near London (and the '999'-
    associated emergency address is correctly registered)

    Owain
    Owain, Jul 24, 2011