Re: Dexter anomaly

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Hunter, Nov 17, 2010.

  1. Hunter

    Hunter Guest

    On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 00:55:24 -0500, EGK <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 21:26:16 -0800, John McWilliams <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>[rec. photo added]

    >>> And no tripod.
    >>>
    >>> HOLY CRAP!
    >>>
    >>> We agree on something.
    >>>
    >>> Life as we know it has ended.

    >>It was the new super stealth 3200-6400mm Nikon zoom housed in a 300mm
    >>lens case, with their Ultra Image Stabilization system stolen from
    >>Canon. No tripod necessary!
    >>
    >>The next question is why would Dex dispose of a body in shallow water?
    >>He should at least hit the Gulf Stream....

    >I just went back and looked at that final scene. I originally thought the
    >pictures must have been of them loading the boat. That would have made
    >sense and I didn't tink they would be that stupid to write it the way they
    >did. They show the scene of Dexter and Lumen standing after she dumps a
    >bag and immediately pan to the same image on the camera.

    ----
    I don't know much about photography and what a modern camera can do
    with a telephoto lense but anyone who is up on the latest photographer
    gear should speak up to see if Liddy's shots were possible from
    ashore. Dexter chose that spot because that is the ideal place for the
    current to to carry the body parts out to sea into the gulf of Mexico.
    He learned that after his previous dumping ground was found. Now I
    have to find out how far from the marina it is and what is the range
    of a modern telescopic lens equiped camera. A mere 200 feet seems too
    limiting to me. I will be very surprised if they can't capture good
    detailed images of people much further than that, including with a
    night vision lens.

    >Of course I was still thinking it was stupid as hell for Dexter to set up a
    >kill room in the adjoining room of his target. Wasn't anyone supposed to
    >notice the broken down door between the rooms?

    -----
    Dexter chosed the room right next to Cole because he can get the body
    after he drugged him with M99 from the target's room to his without
    the risk of people seeing him in the corridor.Of course that plan went
    south when Cole brought home a girl and she had vigurous screaming sex
    with him. I am surprised no one called the police.

    Because of that they had to adjust and kill Cole the following
    afternoon because Cole and Jordan were leaving for another gig across
    the country immediately after the last meeting. The plan was to
    snaptch him up while he was taking rounds. That went south when Jordan
    Chase called Dex on stange to tell everyone his tragedy, runining the
    timing. In the mean time Cole spotted Luman persude her. She went into
    Dexter's room and thought she was safe. But as we know Cole came
    crashing through the ajoining room door and tried to kill Luman.
    Dexter to the rescue and they kill Cole.

    The point is that Dexter didn't plan on Cole going after Lumen and
    crashing through the door. But it was based on a good plan. If they
    didn't have ajoining rooms then Dexter would had to have run the risk
    of taking Cole's body from one room to his through the public coordor
    or if they were on different floors the stairway. So having ajoining
    rooms was the smart thing to do. Cole may have gummed things up for
    Dexter by smashing the door. I am sure Dexter fixed the door as much
    as he could before he left, but the maid will eventually notice.

    >Both those scenes are exceedingly sloppy writing. The writers and producers
    >have to be morons not to have noticed.

    ----
    Well again I give the writers more credit than many people and say
    that was a set up for someone to get on the trail of Dexter, namely
    the scumball corrupt cop Liddy. That is the purpose of the crashed
    door.

    1) Photographic evidence of Dexter and Luman dumping something in the
    bay (Incidently he chose that area after the previous dumping ground
    was discovered because the currents would take the bags out to sea)

    2) The smashed door between the ajoining rooms of Dexter and Cole, who
    the very day Dexter checked out disappeared. Cole's security probably
    will mention it to the police and who was in the next room. Of course
    as much as we know the significance there is nothing to tie Dexter to
    the disappearence beyond circumstances. However, this will get back to
    Liddy somehow and him connnecting this with the dumping at sea of
    *something*...

    3) Maybe they will also have Luman on video tape at the hotel

    Not quite enough for black mail or if Liddy suddenly turned honest go
    to the police about Dexter and Luman dumping bags with but getting
    closer (maybe they can get the police to drag the area where the
    current would take the bags but I don't think Liddy is interested in
    justice anyway). Dexter could just say it was trash and damn hope that
    the currents has taken the body parts away and dispersed them quick.

    I don't think the writers screwed up, It was a way for Liddy to get
    hot on the trail of Dexter.

    The moral delema for Dexter will eventually be killing Liddy because
    while he is a sleazy corrupt son of a bitch he is not a murder (at
    least not yet) but Dexter to keep from being exposed-along with
    Luman-may have to kill him but of course if he does that that will
    make him just a cold blooded killer and not the avenging angel he
    seems himself to be (never mind that he has killed three innocent
    people already).

    Of course maybe Lumen would kill Liddy to protect Dexter, just like
    the last girlfriend that knew and understood him for what he really
    was protected Dexter by arranging Doakes to be blown up. .

    ------>Hunter

    "No man in the wrong can stand up against
    a fellow that's in the right and keeps on acomin'."

    -----William J. McDonald
    Captain, Texas Rangers from 1891 to 1907
    Hunter, Nov 17, 2010

  2. On 11/17/10 PDT 9:03 AM, Hunter (Hunter) wrote:
    > On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 00:55:24 -0500, EGK<> wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 21:26:16 -0800, John McWilliams<>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> [rec. photo added]

    >>> It was the new super stealth 3200-6400mm Nikon zoom housed in a 300mm
    >>> lens case, with their Ultra Image Stabilization system stolen from
    >>> Canon. No tripod necessary!
    >>>
    >>> The next question is why would Dex dispose of a body in shallow water?
    >>> He should at least hit the Gulf Stream....

    >> I just went back and looked at that final scene. I originally thought the
    >> pictures must have been of them loading the boat. That would have made
    >> sense and I didn't tink they would be that stupid to write it the way they
    >> did. They show the scene of Dexter and Lumen standing after she dumps a
    >> bag and immediately pan to the same image on the camera.

    > ----
    > I don't know much about photography and what a modern camera can do
    > with a telephoto lense but anyone who is up on the latest photographer
    > gear should speak up to see if Liddy's shots were possible from
    > ashore. Dexter chose that spot because that is the ideal place for the
    > current to to carry the body parts out to sea into the gulf of Mexico.
    > He learned that after his previous dumping ground was found. Now I
    > have to find out how far from the marina it is and what is the range
    > of a modern telescopic lens equiped camera. A mere 200 feet seems too
    > limiting to me. I will be very surprised if they can't capture good
    > detailed images of people much further than that, including with a
    > night vision lens.

    Photographers have spoken, and what they show is physically impossible
    with today's cameras. You cannot get good detailed images from several
    thousand yards away that look like they were done from a range of 100
    feet. Never mind it's at night and the subjects are clandestine.

    Dumping the bodies - actually one body, but in parts- in a harbor,
    marina, or within a thousand feet of shore will not likely get them into
    the Gulf Stream any time soon.

    And, there are no currents in the Gulf of Mexico that'd carry body parts
    anywhere at any rate of speed besides glacial, and the show is set in
    Miami, far from the Gulf. i.e, the Gulf and the Gulf Stream are very
    different animals.

    --
    john mcwilliams
    John McWilliams, Nov 17, 2010