Re: DesktopX, Windows Blinds Froze XP

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by D. Spencer Hines, Feb 23, 2006.

  1. Install Third-Party Rinky-Dink tweaks and "enhancements" and pay the price
    of frequent incompatibility with XP and non-functioning computers.

    Why should Microsoft design the OS so all these little fly-by-night
    companies can get a free ride and be parasites on the Operating System --
    ripping off potential profits for MS as well as ham-stringing the OS with
    shabby, shoddy code?

    I LOVE to see it when these pogues get hoist with their own petars and wind
    up with BSOD or frozen screens -- or worse.

    The Wages Of Sin & Arrant Foolishness...

    PUT the New Features IN the OS.

    Further:

    If you screwed the pooch and went ahead and put one of these Third Party
    timebombs on your system -- DON'T come crying to Microsoft. GO to the site
    of the people who sold you the software and get THEM to tell you what's
    WRONG. ******

    Heh, Heh -- Fat Chance Of That. They don't want to get into the Technical
    Support Business. FAR too expensive -- and 'twould cut into those
    fly-by-night profits they hope to rip off -- as Freeriders on Microsoft
    software.

    "im [sic] a chef not a coder." [See Below]

    Hilarious!

    He's also trying to do this with only 256 MB of RAM.

    'Nuff Said.

    DSH

    Lux et Veritas et Libertas

    "brand dub" <> wrote in message

    >I installed Windows Blinds premium not knowing the features were locked
    > although it practically mirrors the free version. Anyway after trying to
    > apply a theme and the program froze I uninstalled it and apllied [sic] the
    > free version and when I applied a theme Winblinds froze again. I
    > unloaded the theme and reapplied a windowsXP native theme but
    > after Restart It took 15 minutes for logon.

    Hilarious! -- DSH

    D. Spencer Hines, Feb 23, 2006

  2. D. Spencer Hines

    Timoleon Guest

    D. Spencer Hines wrote:
    > Install Third-Party Rinky-Dink tweaks and "enhancements" and pay the price
    > of frequent incompatibility with XP and non-functioning computers.
    >
    > Why should Microsoft design the OS so all these little fly-by-night
    > companies can get a free ride and be parasites on the Operating System --
    > ripping off potential profits for MS as well as ham-stringing the OS with
    > shabby, shoddy code?

    Stardock Corporation? Rinky-Dink? Fly-by-Night? What planet do you
    live on, young mister D. Spencer Hines?

    --
    ****************
    Remove the Roman numeral three to reply.

    Timoleon, Feb 26, 2006

  3. Timoleon wrote:

    >> Why should Microsoft design the OS so all these little fly-by-night
    >> companies can get a free ride and be parasites on the Operating System
    >> -- ripping off potential profits for MS as well as ham-stringing the OS
    >> with shabby, shoddy code?

    > Stardock Corporation? Rinky-Dink? Fly-by-Night? What planet do you live
    > on, young mister D. Spencer Hines?

    Trollonia... planet of 10,000,000 bridges. Fourth planet from the
    Asstardus star, its inhabitants are easily identified by their odd odor
    and and an almost reflexive drive to mate with pigeons.

    Main exports are fertilizer and temperature enhanced oxygen-nitrogen
    mixtures.

    Borked Pseudo Mailed, Feb 27, 2006