  1. victor

    victor Guest

    Fixed for you.
    victor, Mar 20, 2010

  2. victor

    victor Guest

    victor wrote:
    > Fixed for you.

    I guess if you dive far enough you look like you are soaring when you
    pull out of the dive.

    "Windows desktops saw a 15 percent rise in units and an 8 percent
    increase in dollars over the four months since Windows 7 launched. This
    increase, while modest, is a positive trend considering that prior to
    the introduction of Windows 7 desktop sales declined 21 out of 22 months."
    victor, Mar 20, 2010

  3. In message <ho3jvf$k2u$-september.org>, victor wrote:

    > "Windows desktops saw a 15 percent rise in units and an 8 percent
    > increase in dollars over the four months since Windows 7 launched..."

    So they were only looking at desktops that actually shipped with Windows?

    Doesn’t tell you anything about Windows market share then, does it?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 20, 2010
  4. victor

    victor Guest

    impossible wrote:

    > "victor" <> wrote in message
    > "impossible" <> wrote in message
    >>> And yet another Larry D'Loserite myth is busted.
    >>>
    >>> "Desktops have been the surprise consumer technology growth category
    >>> of 2010Windows 7 has been propelling the PC side of the market where
    >>> desktop ASPs have been higher than notebook/netbook ASPs in three of
    >>> the last four months," Baker said in a statement. "We are also seeing
    >>> tremendous growth numbers from the iMac after a few lackluster
    >>> quarters from Apple."
    >>>
    >>> http://www.informationweek.com/news/hardware/desktop/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=224000159
    >>>

    >>> Dell and HP are prospering as a result. So expect the Larry
    >>> D'Loserite crowd to flail at both.
    >>>

    >> I guess if you dive far enough you look like you are soaring when you
    >> pull out of the dive.
    >>

    >> "Windows desktops saw a 15 percent rise in units and an 8 percent
    >> increase in dollars over the four months since Windows 7 launched.
    >> This increase, while modest, is a positive trend considering that
    >> prior to the introduction of Windows 7 desktop sales declined 21 out
    >> of 22 months."

    > Yes, pc sales slumped during the world's worst recession in 75 years.
    > On the back of Windows 7 (and OsX), pc sales are now growing again.
    > Meanwhile, linux desktop usage remains stagnant.

    But did it decline 21 out of 22 months ?
    You'ld expect a small recovery hump after the Vista period due to XP
    owners going directly to Windows 7 replacements after avoiding Vista.
    Its a bit of an exaggeration to say its "soaring".
    It sounds like you are re-posting paid PR to me.
    A Shill reposting Shill PR. Can't they give you a better gig than usenet?
    victor, Mar 21, 2010
  5. victor

    victor Guest

    impossible wrote:

    > "victor" <> wrote in message

    >> You'ld expect a small recovery hump after the Vista period due to XP
    >> owners going directly to Windows 7 replacements after avoiding Vista.
    >> Its a bit of an exaggeration to say its "soaring"

    > <shakes head> You're here to debate the meaning of "soar"?

    No I'm saying your cut and pasted PR headline is an exaggeration
    victor, Mar 21, 2010