Re: Deltree program that runs in a DOS like system

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by greg, Apr 25, 2009.

  1. greg

    greg Guest

    Woger wrote:

    > I have always used Deltree to delete the Windows directory after first setting
    > the Attributes.
    >

    > But now my windows in on a NTFS so is there a tool that will do a Deltree or
    > use DOS Deltree?
    >

    > Thanks
    >

    > I have a feeling that hirens-bootcd has a option to do this..
    >
    > Any one know..

    Yes, try "ztreeWin"

    A windows version of the old faithful dos based Xtree

    www.ztree.com

    Greg

    greg, Apr 25, 2009

  2. greg

    Woger Guest

    On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 19:57:43 +1200, greg <> wrote:

    >Woger wrote:
    >>
    >> I have always used Deltree to delete the Windows directory after first setting
    >> the Attributes.
    >>

    >> But now my windows in on a NTFS so is there a tool that will do a Deltree or
    >> use DOS Deltree?
    >>

    >> Thanks
    >>

    >> I have a feeling that hirens-bootcd has a option to do this..
    >>
    >> Any one know..
    >>

    >Yes, try "ztreeWin"
    >

    >A windows version of the old faithful dos based Xtree
    >
    >www.ztree.com
    >

    >Greg

    Thanks

    But what about a Attribute changer as well, forgot to mention that as the
    Windows directory has system or read files also.

    Woger, Apr 25, 2009

  3. greg

    Rhino Guest

    On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 21:22:44 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    <_zealand> wrote:

    >In message <>, Woger wrote:
    >
    >> So how can I delete the Windows directory..

    >chmod -R u+w /C/Dimdows && rm -rf /C/Dimdows

    I didn't realise that this "Dimdows" you refer to is a *nix O/S :)

    Cheers, Rhino

    Rhino, Apr 25, 2009
  4. greg

    Jack Spratt Guest

    "Rhino" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 21:22:44 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    > <_zealand> wrote:
    >
    >>In message <>, Woger wrote:
    >>
    >>> So how can I delete the Windows directory..

    >>chmod -R u+w /C/Dimdows && rm -rf /C/Dimdows

    > I didn't realise that this "Dimdows" you refer to is a *nix O/S :)
    >
    > Cheers, Rhino

    Been a long time since I played with DOS commands but:
    attrib -s C:\Windows\*.* /s
    May do it.

    Obviously you'd have to be booted to pure DOS in order to do so.

    Jack Spratt, Apr 25, 2009