Re: Delta looses a dog.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mike Easter, May 12, 2010.

  1. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    snuhwolf wrote:
    > How the **** do you loose somwons *pet* fer crissakes!?!?
    > Dummy airline manages to do it:

    This story is getting a lot of blog exposure from the animal huggers,
    but having been involved in some 'incidents' of trying to bring some
    animal back from Mexico, I'm not so sympathetic to the people who found
    a stray dog on a Puerto Vallarta beach and spent some money on cleaning
    it up and trying to ship it back on their flight.

    It sounds like they (also) had the wrong size cage. By the time the
    Mexican baggage handlers started taking the dog out for a walk at the
    missed baggage connection in Mexico City it was time for the critter to
    escape and turn into a free dog again.

    I had some friends who tried to bring back a burro sitting up in the
    backseat with a serape and sombrero, but that didn't work either.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 12, 2010

  2. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    snuhwolf wrote:
    > Mike Easter

    >> This story is getting a lot of blog exposure from the animal
    >> huggers,

    > Obviously. Your derogatory use of the term "huggers" was a dead give-
    > away.

    It -such a term - is only derogatory if you choose to interpret it that
    way. Everyone is in favor of the environment, tree huggers even more
    so. Everyone loves animals, animal huggers even more so.

    Some huggers go overboard with imbalanced ideas about their pet
    projects. Some animal lovers do bad things for/to animals in their
    misguided efforts to suit themselves. They are 'specie-ists' who love
    this species but not that species. Like wolves.

    > Sure, shame on them for being compassionate.
    > I mean *really*? Wtf were they thinking?

    They were thinking about themselves. They were being selfish. They
    should have spent the same amount of money contributing to the Mexican
    version of the SPCA in Puerto Vallarta

    SOCIEDAD PROTECTORA y COMPASIVA POR LOS ANIMALES
    DE PUERTO VALLARTA, A.C.

    Protective and Compassionate Society for the Animals of Puerto Vallarta
    http://www.mexonline.com/spcapv.htm

    >> It sounds like they (also) had the wrong size cage.

    > And here you shift to "blame the victim" mode.
    > Yep.

    The victim was the dog they captured, befriended and then put into a
    cage which was too small for too long - in harms' way - until some kind
    Mexican baggage handlers probably freed it to provide it a better more
    compassionate home locally.

    >> By the time
    >> the Mexican baggage handlers started taking the dog out for a walk
    >> at the missed baggage connection in Mexico City it was time for
    >> the critter to escape and turn into a free dog again.
    >>

    > And blame the "mexicans". Cause as we all know, brown people are
    > incompetent huh?

    Your lack of reading comprehension is interfering with your
    understanding who I am criticizing here. You think the selfish American
    tourists are the victims. It wasn't even their dog.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 13, 2010