    anyone have any experience with the Delkin 640?

    Thanks

    ppp
    ppp, Jan 23, 2004

  2. "ppp" <> wrote in message
    news:KsiQb.136989$...
    > I have bought a compact flash card for my Canon 300D (Rebel) and it is a
    > DELKIN 640 PRO that I have paid $240 (in Italy).
    >
    > I have the impression that its not as fast as my "old" CF Sandisk 128.

    Does
    > anyone have any experience with the Delkin 640?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > ppp

    I've got the 512 MB Delkin Pro in my Fuji S2 Pro. I've looked everywhere,
    and can't find a published read/write rate. The nearest I can find is
    Delkin's website saying it is something better than 24X.

    The reason I'm so curious about it is to determine whether it is worth it
    for me to by a 40X card. I do lots of 'hold the button and keep firing'
    photography as a reporter.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Zinchuk

    Brian Zinchuk, Jan 24, 2004

  3. ppp

    ppp Guest

    "Brian Zinchuk" <> ha scritto nel messaggio

    > "ppp" <> wrote in message
    > > I have bought a compact flash card for my Canon 300D (Rebel) and it is a
    > > DELKIN 640 PRO that I have paid $240 (in Italy).
    > >
    > > I have the impression that its not as fast as my "old" CF Sandisk 128.

    > Does
    > > anyone have any experience with the Delkin 640?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > ppp
    > >

    > I've got the 512 MB Delkin Pro in my Fuji S2 Pro. I've looked everywhere,
    > and can't find a published read/write rate. The nearest I can find is
    > Delkin's website saying it is something better than 24X.
    >
    > The reason I'm so curious about it is to determine whether it is worth it
    > for me to by a 40X card. I do lots of 'hold the button and keep firing'
    > photography as a reporter.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Zinchuk
    > >

    > Yes you are right. Me too I cannot find the speed! Its very annoying

    and hope that PRO is not just a tricky word.

    ppp
    ppp, Jan 24, 2004

  4. > > >

    > > I've got the 512 MB Delkin Pro in my Fuji S2 Pro. I've looked

    everywhere,
    > > and can't find a published read/write rate. The nearest I can find is
    > > Delkin's website saying it is something better than 24X.
    > >
    > > The reason I'm so curious about it is to determine whether it is worth

    it
    > > for me to by a 40X card. I do lots of 'hold the button and keep firing'
    > > photography as a reporter.
    > >
    > > Any help would be appreciated.
    > >
    > > Zinchuk
    > > >

    > > Yes you are right. Me too I cannot find the speed! Its very annoying

    > and hope that PRO is not just a tricky word.
    >
    > ppp

    This is what Delkin.com says. So I figure it's around the 26.6x range, by
    these numbers.

    "eFilm PRO cards are designed to be fast and durable for extensive shooting
    in the most extreme conditions. Our PRO cards are solid-state and optimized
    for use in professional grade digital cameras like Nikon, Canon, and Fuji.
    With sustained write speeds up to and exceeding 4.0 MB/sec*, image capture
    times are greatly reduced to save time when shooting that perfect image.
    Available in a variety of high-speed capacities, the eFilm PRO card is
    designed to last and built for speed."

    But then again, it could just be a 'tricky word'

    Zinchuk

    Brian Zinchuk, Jan 24, 2004
  5. Brian Zinchuk, Jan 24, 2004
  6. ppp

    > Check out this website - It has comparisons, including your 640 and my 512
    > Delkin Pro
    >
    > http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/flashcard-test/flashcard-test-p3.html

    Thanks a lot.

    From the charts you can see that Delkin is very slow in READ ans WRITE
    SPEED. Funny that the comparason is not made with any of the Sandisk
    cards!!!!!?

    I think we did not make a good choice, unfurtunately.

    Tx anyway and keep well

    ppp
    ppp, Jan 24, 2004
  7. "ppp" <> wrote in message

    > "Brian Zinchuk" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > >
    > > Check out this website - It has comparisons, including your 640 and my

    512
    > > Delkin Pro

    http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/flashcard-test/flashcard-test-p3.html

    > Thanks a lot.
    >
    > From the charts you can see that Delkin is very slow in READ ans WRITE
    > SPEED. Funny that the comparason is not made with any of the Sandisk
    > cards!!!!!?
    >
    > I think we did not make a good choice, unfurtunately.
    >
    > Tx anyway and keep well
    >
    > ppp

    That's not how I read it at all. According to that chart, the Delkin is one
    of the fastest - although yes, it did not indclude any Sandisk cards.
    Basically, those numbers exquate it to a Sandisk Ultra, which is pretty
    good.

    For acess time, it was a little slower - 0.0 ms

    But the read speed was 5900 kb/sec. That's 39.33x, which puts it in the
    Ultra II advertised (advertised, not tested) category.

    The write speed was 4700 kb/sec. That's 31.33x.

    All-in-all, it's a lot faster than I expected, so I'm now satisfied.

    Zinchuk

    Brian Zinchuk, Jan 24, 2004
  8. ppp

    ppp Guest

    > > > Check out this website - It has comparisons, including your 640 and my
    > 512
    > > > Delkin Pro
    > > >

    > http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/flashcard-test/flashcard-test-p3.html
    > > >

    > > Thanks a lot.
    > >
    > > From the charts you can see that Delkin is very slow in READ ans WRITE
    > > SPEED. Funny that the comparason is not made with any of the Sandisk
    > > cards!!!!!?
    > >
    > > I think we did not make a good choice, unfurtunately.
    > >
    > > Tx anyway and keep well
    > >
    > > ppp
    > >

    > That's not how I read it at all. According to that chart, the Delkin is

    one
    > of the fastest - although yes, it did not indclude any Sandisk cards.
    > Basically, those numbers exquate it to a Sandisk Ultra, which is pretty
    > good.
    >
    > For acess time, it was a little slower - 0.0 ms
    >
    > But the read speed was 5900 kb/sec. That's 39.33x, which puts it in the
    > Ultra II advertised (advertised, not tested) category.
    >
    > The write speed was 4700 kb/sec. That's 31.33x.
    >
    > All-in-all, it's a lot faster than I expected, so I'm now satisfied.
    >
    > Zinchuk
    > >

    > Ok, the numbers say that you are right but............... I can assure you

    that my Delkin is a little slower than Sandisk..

    thanks again

    ppp
    ppp, Jan 25, 2004