    Users, Default Users Folders

    This might be a repetative question, but I rather be safe than sorry.
    I REALLY APPRECIATE your feedback

    ggalv, Jan 22, 2006

  2. ggalv

    Nil Guest

    On 22 Jan 2006, lid (ggalv) wrote in
    news:ItQAf.219662$:

    > I some files in the following directory:
    > C:\Documents and Settings\GGALV\Local Settings\Temp
    >
    > I just wanted to verify that I can delete all the files in that
    > folder, in particular some Twain files. Just want to make sure
    > that I can delete these files in this TEMP folder without messing
    > up Windows XP. Also in C:\Documents and Settings I only have
    > GGALV, All Users, Default Users Folders.
    >
    > This might be a repetative question, but I rather be safe than
    > sorry. I REALLY APPRECIATE your feedback.

    What application is GGALV? Or is that your login name?

    Try renaming or moving the folder in question. If, after several days
    of use, especially of the mysterious application GGALV, the computer
    doesn't complain, and the folder is clearly labeled "temp", I think you
    can safely delete it.

    Nil, Jan 25, 2006

  3. ggalv

    Nil Guest

    On 26 Jan 2006, TechGeekPro <%username%@gmail.com> wrote in

    > Is this a joke?

    No.

    Nil, Jan 26, 2006
  4. ggalv

    > Then you're an idiot.

    Thank you for your very informative contribution to the discussion.

    Nil, Jan 26, 2006
  5. ggalv

    > As opposed to your "informative contribution"? What a tool.

    Maybe you should tell the poor unfortunate original poster why
    archiving the temporary files for a short while before deleting them
    makes one a "tool" before he does something rash like doing it.

    Nil, Jan 26, 2006
  6. ggalv

    > What makes you a tool is thinking that his Windows username is a
    > "mysterious application". You were actually suggesting that he
    > move or remane his user folder.

    If you read what I wrote, I suggested no such thing.

    The folder in question was named "C:\Documents and
    Settings\GGALV\Local Settings\Temp", not the user directory itself. I
    also reiterated, "if the folder is clearly labeled "temp", I think you
    can safely delete it."

    I do think it's not a good idea to delete the temp folder entirely,
    just its contents.

    I also think it's a good idea, if you have any question about the value
    of those files, to move them to another location to see whether it
    breaks anything.

    I see now from that the OP's name is ggalv, so that is his user
    folder, not one created by an application. Note, once more, that I
    never suggested touching that folder.

    > And by the way, we are all laughing at you in M$ MCSE newsgroup.

    Bothers me not.

    Nil, Jan 27, 2006
  7. ggalv

    > Well, I'm glad to know that you finally realized the obvious.

    Well, I'm slightly disappointed to know that you haven't.

    Nil, Jan 27, 2006