Re: Deleting names from Skype login window dropdown list

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Nathan Webb, Sep 6, 2007.

  1. Nathan Webb

    Nathan Webb Guest

    On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 08:09:51 -0000, wrote:

    >> That shouldn't happen. Did you select "Remove From Contacts"?
    >> --
    >> Thoss
    >>
    >> [To reply, replace * with . in Reply-To address]

    > No, this is not a contacts issue. I am talking about the Skype login
    > where you have a dropdown of all names that have used Skype on that
    > computer, and I'd like to clear that.

    Hey, I have the same damn problem! It has nothing to do with the contacts
    as it's ME that I'm trying to delete. Or prior me's as the case may be.

    How the hell do we delete prior login names from the Skype login window?

    I don't want my kids finding the names I use but the damn thing shows them
    up there for the whole world to see. Geeeeezus!

    Isnt' there a way to delete these prior login names?

    Nathan Webb, Sep 6, 2007

  2. Nathan Webb

    Alex Guest

    Nathan Webb wrote:
    > On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 08:09:51 -0000, wrote:
    >
    > Isnt' there a way to delete these prior login names?

    Haven't tried it, 'cause I just have one user, but you might look at:

    C:\Documents and Settings\_YOUR_PC_USER_NAME_\Application Data\Skype

    In there it appears there are directories for each account. And a file named
    shared.xml whose contents may be used to put names in the list.

    I'd simply move the account directories somewhere else and remove references to
    them from shared.xml and see what happens. Of course, this would be done when
    Skype was fully shut down!

    Alex, Sep 6, 2007

  3. On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 05:17:59 GMT, Nathan Webb <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 08:09:51 -0000, wrote:
    >
    >>> That shouldn't happen. Did you select "Remove From Contacts"?
    >>> --
    >>> Thoss
    >>>
    >>> [To reply, replace * with . in Reply-To address]

    >> No, this is not a contacts issue. I am talking about the Skype login
    >> where you have a dropdown of all names that have used Skype on that
    >> computer, and I'd like to clear that.

    >Hey, I have the same damn problem! It has nothing to do with the contacts
    >as it's ME that I'm trying to delete. Or prior me's as the case may be.
    >
    >How the hell do we delete prior login names from the Skype login window?
    >
    >I don't want my kids finding the names I use but the damn thing shows them
    >up there for the whole world to see. Geeeeezus!

    If you are bothered about other users of the same machine viewing personal
    information then the simple, clean solution would be simply to get another
    machine for your own personal use (lock down/ lock away whilst absent from site)

    #l

    >Isnt' there a way to delete these prior login names?

    --
    echo |sed 's/\(.\)\(.\)/\2\1/g'

    laura fairhead, Sep 6, 2007
  4. On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 05:17:59 GMT, Nathan Webb wrote:

    > Hey, I have the same damn problem! It has nothing to do with the contacts
    > as it's ME that I'm trying to delete.

    Suicideware

    > Or prior me's as the case may be.

    Schizophreniaware.
    --
    John "Condom" Corliss called me a troll. !!
    http://tinyurl.com/2dympt

    Krazee Brenda, Sep 6, 2007
  5. Nathan Webb

    Guest

    On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 05:17:59 GMT, Nathan Webb <> wrote:

    >How the hell do we delete prior login names from the Skype login window?
    >
    >I don't want my kids finding the names I use but the damn thing shows them
    >up there for the whole world to see. Geeeeezus!

    Go into REGEDIT on your computer and create this registry key:

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Skype\Phone]
    "MemoryOnly"=dword:00000001

    Hope this helps.

    regards
    Marcus Williamson
    Connectotel
    http://www.connectotel.com/

    , Sep 8, 2007
  6. Nathan Webb

    Guest

    > Go into REGEDIT on your computer and create this registry key:
    >
    > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Skype\Phone]
    > "MemoryOnly"=dword:00000001
    >
    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > regards
    > Marcus Williamson
    > Connectotelhttp://www.connectotel.com/

    So I guess the deletion of the named folder in the Application Data /
    Skype folder does the trick once, but editing the HKEY will take out
    the listing of names permanently? Thanks!

    I deleted the folder and am happy now, no need to do the registry bit.

    , Sep 11, 2007
  7. Nathan Webb

    Guest

    On Sep 11, 5:26 pm, "" <>
    wrote:
    > > Go into REGEDIT on your computer and create this registry key:

    > > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Skype\Phone]
    > > "MemoryOnly"=dword:00000001

    > > Hope this helps.

    > > regards
    > > Marcus Williamson
    > > Connectotelhttp://www.connectotel.com/

    > So I guess the deletion of the named folder in the Application Data /
    > Skype folder does the trick once, but editing the HKEY will take out
    > the listing of names permanently? Thanks!
    >
    > I deleted the folder and am happy now, no need to do the registry bit.

    Hey, I have the same damn problem! It has nothing to do with the
    contacts
    as it's XP P that I'm trying to delete. Or prior me's as the case may
    be.

    How the hell do we delete prior login names from the Skype login
    window?

    , Sep 12, 2007
  8. Nathan Webb

    Guest