Re: deleted email folder help me please

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by VanguardLH, Oct 20, 2010.

  1. VanguardLH

    VanguardLH Guest

    steven wrote:

    > I just deleted a folder with a lot of very important emails (Windows
    > Live Mail), Please, how can I retrieve it???

    So are we to guess whether you did a normal "delete" (which is actually
    a *move* into the Deleted Items folder) or if you did a permanent delete
    (by using Shift+Del or by deleting from the Deleted Items folder)?

    If you did a permanent delete (out of WLM's message store), maybe the
    files are still sitting in the Recycle Bin (if you didn't disable it).
    Unlike Outlook Express that uses .dbx database files, WLM stores it
    items in the file system on your hard disk. So (my guess since I don't
    use WLM anymore) is that permanently deleting items in WLM's message
    store ends up deleting the files for those items from the disk's file
    system. Since those are file deletes then they would get moved into the
    Recycle Bin (if enabled, if you haven't yet purged it, and if it didn't
    get moved out by deletion to make room for further file deletes).

    The WLM newsgroup is found over at:
    microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop

    Of course, you could restore the folder(s) where WLM saves its message
    store in the disk's file system assuming you have backups. If you don't
    backup then you deemed your data as worthless or reproducible.
    VanguardLH, Oct 20, 2010