Re: DELETE IT!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by pcbutts1, Jul 29, 2005.

  1. pcbutts1

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Help for all, <> wrote:

    > This is an update, see last paragraph to learn how to clean out your
    > messages.

    My job is at the pleasure of Her Majesty.

    > If anyone needs detailed instructions just respond and I'll give you
    > step-by-step procedures.

    If you want to leave, I can guarantee you won't find nobody else like me.

    > You can set up rules to delete or block messages based on the content of
    > the 'from' section.

    Can I really set up rules to delete or block messages based on the content
    of the 'from' section?

    > Once you create a rule you can modify it to include just names without
    > domains.

    It is not a question of whether I can modify it to include just names
    without domains, but am I going to bother?

    > Use tools to modify the rule after you have created one from a message.

    One thing after another.

    > For example, you can open a message and click on it and add a rule.

    I am not so sure I can open a message and click on it and add a rule.

    > For example, suppose you have open a message from pcbutts1.

    I know what I'm doing.

    > Create a rule to delete all messages with whatever 'from' address he is
    > using.

    Why is he using, all?

    > Once the rule (delete) is set, go to tools and add just the first part
    > of the name, perhaps pcbutts and then pcbutts1.

    Gotos are bad programming style.

    > You can then delete the line which contains the original fake email
    > address.

    Can I really then delete the line which contains the original fake email
    address?

    pcbutts1, Jul 29, 2005