Re: Delete file

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jim Byrd, Oct 31, 2005.

  1. Jim Byrd

    Jim Byrd Guest

    Hi F. Kasner - From my Blog, Defending Your Machine, addy below in my
    Signature:

    "Sometimes the tools below will find files which they are unable to delete
    because they are in use.

    A program called Copylock, here, http://noeld.com/programs.asp?cat=misc can
    aid in the process of "replacing, moving, renaming or deleting one or many
    files which are currently in use (e.g. system files like comctl32.dll, or
    virus/trojan files.)"

    Another is Killbox, here: http://www.downloads.subratam.org/KillBox.zip

    A third which is a bit different but often very useful is Delete Invalid
    File, here: http://www.purgeie.com/delinv.htm which handles invalid/UNC
    file/folder name deleting, rather than the in use problem.

    A fourth useful program is Unlocker, here:
    ..http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/ " Simply right click the folder or file
    and select Unlocker. If the folder or file is locked, a window listing of
    lockers will appear. Simply select the lockers and click Unlock and you are
    done!" Works as advertised and is particularly helpful in identifying
    malware components which are 'protecting' each other."

    --
    Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP/DTS/AH-VSOP
    My Blog, Defending Your Machine, here:

    Jim Byrd, Oct 31, 2005