Re: DEEP DISCOUNT DVD SUCKS!!!!!!! ROTTEN COMPANY

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by terry king, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. terry king

    terry king Guest

    J. Alfred Prufrock <> wrote:
    > I placed an order with these people last Thursday
    > When I called on Monday, Tues, and Wed. they
    > assured me that it was shipped out on FRIDAY
    > I just received an e-mail today that IT WAS SHIPPED TODAY!!!!!!
    > I called them and they could not tell me why it was delayed
    > All items were in stock when I ordered
    > I ordered DVD's that were NOT new releases
    > These were DVD's that were released 2 weeks ago and were in stock
    > Also when I pay for priority mail delivery or 2nd day delivery
    > their warehouse will still ship this UPS and they refund my delivery charge

    I had unexpected delays with my last 2 orders, including a pre-order
    that shipped the day before street. Got the shipping for both orders
    refunded, as they were sent media mail instead of Priority. Still,
    this is the first time I've had a problem with DDDVD... I'd be
    interested in hearing how others have fared.

    > I am going back to DVD PLANET!!!!

    I've been pleased with Digital Eyes, and DVD Pacific gave good service
    on my first order. I was happy with two recent DVD Planet orders, for
    that matter - not the speediest turnaround, but worth waiting the extra
    week or so, given the advantages in price and availability.

    | oh dear God, a giant Octagon is destroying
    Terry King | Tokyo! Where's Raymond Burr when you need him?
    preacher mit edu | - sleepisfortheweak.org

    GSS/H v3.0 c++@ W++ N+++ M+$ t+ 5++ X++ R* b+++ DI++++ x? <*>
    DNRC: Sublime Guardian of Paradox, Anachronism, and the Absurd
    terry king, Aug 7, 2003

  2. terry king wrote:
    > J. Alfred Prufrock <> wrote:
    >
    >>I placed an order with these people last Thursday
    >>When I called on Monday, Tues, and Wed. they
    >> assured me that it was shipped out on FRIDAY
    >>I just received an e-mail today that IT WAS SHIPPED TODAY!!!!!!
    >>I called them and they could not tell me why it was delayed
    >>All items were in stock when I ordered
    >>I ordered DVD's that were NOT new releases
    >>These were DVD's that were released 2 weeks ago and were in stock
    >>Also when I pay for priority mail delivery or 2nd day delivery
    >>their warehouse will still ship this UPS and they refund my delivery charge

    > I had unexpected delays with my last 2 orders, including a pre-order
    > that shipped the day before street. Got the shipping for both orders
    > refunded, as they were sent media mail instead of Priority. Still,
    > this is the first time I've had a problem with DDDVD... I'd be
    > interested in hearing how others have fared.
    >

    >>I am going back to DVD PLANET!!!!

    > I've been pleased with Digital Eyes, and DVD Pacific gave good service
    > on my first order. I was happy with two recent DVD Planet orders, for
    > that matter - not the speediest turnaround, but worth waiting the extra
    > week or so, given the advantages in price and availability.

    Digital Eyes has good prices but they're very slow, and I'm not the only
    one who's complained about that. I'm talking about waiting a few months
    for something that they have in stock.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor