Re: Debian AMD64 Test Poast

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by OldGringo38, Jul 9, 2010.

  1. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 7/9/2010 8:13 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > Well I'm giving Lenny 64bit Live a test drive. Getting tired of the damn
    > Pan crashes, in Mandriva 2010 32 bit Maybe that won't happen in this
    > 64bit world. If all goes well with the test drive I probably will install
    > it on this quad core PhenomII AMD powered box. Seams pretty smooth so far.

    Good Luck, Have you notice all the IE8 advertising on TV? <g>

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Jul 9, 2010

  2. OldGringo38

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 10:29:20 -0400, Meat Plow <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 08:34:32 -0500, OldGringo38
    ><>wrote:
    >
    >>On 7/9/2010 8:13 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    >>following tidbit of information:
    >>> Well I'm giving Lenny 64bit Live a test drive. Getting tired of the damn
    >>> Pan crashes, in Mandriva 2010 32 bit Maybe that won't happen in this
    >>> 64bit world. If all goes well with the test drive I probably will install
    >>> it on this quad core PhenomII AMD powered box. Seams pretty smooth so far.

    >>Good Luck, Have you notice all the IE8 advertising on TV? <g>

    >I don't watch much TV and skip the ads via DVR on what little TV I
    >watch...mostly Discovery, History, TLC, Tru-TV and CBS for House MD.
    >Was at a friends last Sunday watching some TV and he has no DVR. I was
    >ready to toss a brick thru the screen with some of these assinine
    >commercials being played over and over every 5 minutes.

    I know what you mean but really I don't because I use TIVO and only
    watch the actual program and if I don't like it I fast forward to
    something I want to watch. I never watch commercials. I am aware of
    them so I fast forward through all of their lies. And your term
    asinine is just about right for the garbage they spew.
    At this moment I am waiting for my pause time to get to about an hour
    then I can watch maybe an hour of what I want without commercials. The
    hour will be 2 hours worth but I think you know what I mean.

    joevan, Jul 9, 2010

  3. OldGringo38

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 12:22:39 -0400, joevan wrote:

    > On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 10:29:20 -0400, Meat Plow <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 08:34:32 -0500, OldGringo38
    >><>wrote:
    >>
    >>>On 7/9/2010 8:13 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    >>>following tidbit of information:
    >>>Good Luck, Have you notice all the IE8 advertising on TV? <g>

    >>I don't watch much TV and skip the ads via DVR on what little TV I
    >>watch...mostly Discovery, History, TLC, Tru-TV and CBS for House MD. Was
    >>at a friends last Sunday watching some TV and he has no DVR. I was ready
    >>to toss a brick thru the screen with some of these assinine commercials
    >>being played over and over every 5 minutes.

    > I know what you mean but really I don't because I use TIVO and only
    > watch the actual program and if I don't like it I fast forward to
    > something I want to watch. I never watch commercials. I am aware of them
    > so I fast forward through all of their lies. And your term asinine is
    > just about right for the garbage they spew. At this moment I am waiting
    > for my pause time to get to about an hour then I can watch maybe an hour
    > of what I want without commercials. The hour will be 2 hours worth but I
    > think you know what I mean.

    Well with Tivo just record what you want to watch. Do a favorites record.
    I wouldn't dream of hitting pause and waiting a couple hours.

    Meat Plow, Jul 9, 2010
  4. OldGringo38

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 08:34:32 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

    > On 7/9/2010 8:13 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> Well I'm giving Lenny 64bit Live a test drive. Getting tired of the
    >> damn Pan crashes, in Mandriva 2010 32 bit Maybe that won't happen in
    >> this 64bit world. If all goes well with the test drive I probably will
    >> install it on this quad core PhenomII AMD powered box. Seams pretty
    >> smooth so far.

    > Good Luck, Have you notice all the IE8 advertising on TV? <g>

    Have you seen my sig?

    Aardvark, Jul 9, 2010
  5. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 7/9/2010 3:01 PM Just to please that super-ego, Aardvark wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > Josef Fritzl

    <Shaking head> Holy Shit !!

    OldGringo38, Jul 9, 2010
  6. OldGringo38

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 19:21:33 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 12:22:39 -0400, joevan wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 10:29:20 -0400, Meat Plow <> wrote:

    >>>I don't watch much TV and skip the ads via DVR on what little TV I
    >>>watch...mostly Discovery, History, TLC, Tru-TV and CBS for House MD. Was
    >>>at a friends last Sunday watching some TV and he has no DVR. I was ready
    >>>to toss a brick thru the screen with some of these assinine commercials
    >>>being played over and over every 5 minutes.

    >> I know what you mean but really I don't because I use TIVO and only
    >> watch the actual program and if I don't like it I fast forward to
    >> something I want to watch. I never watch commercials. I am aware of them
    >> so I fast forward through all of their lies. And your term asinine is
    >> just about right for the garbage they spew. At this moment I am waiting
    >> for my pause time to get to about an hour then I can watch maybe an hour
    >> of what I want without commercials. The hour will be 2 hours worth but I
    >> think you know what I mean.

    >Well with Tivo just record what you want to watch. Do a favorites record.
    >I wouldn't dream of hitting pause and waiting a couple hours.

    I do that pause when I am on the computer or working on a project for
    my lab. When I get back after 20 minutes or sometimes more I have
    plenty of time to fast forward the commercials and other junk. I never
    just pause and wait. I am not a patience type personality. Never,
    never would I do that. No way no how.

    joevan, Jul 9, 2010
  7. OldGringo38

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 16:13:11 -0400, joevan wrote:

    > On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 19:21:33 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 12:22:39 -0400, joevan wrote:

    >>> I know what you mean but really I don't because I use TIVO and only
    >>> watch the actual program and if I don't like it I fast forward to
    >>> something I want to watch. I never watch commercials. I am aware of
    >>> them so I fast forward through all of their lies. And your term
    >>> asinine is just about right for the garbage they spew. At this moment
    >>> I am waiting for my pause time to get to about an hour then I can
    >>> watch maybe an hour of what I want without commercials. The hour will
    >>> be 2 hours worth but I think you know what I mean.

    >>Well with Tivo just record what you want to watch. Do a favorites
    >>record. I wouldn't dream of hitting pause and waiting a couple hours.

    > I do that pause when I am on the computer or working on a project for my
    > lab. When I get back after 20 minutes or sometimes more I have plenty of
    > time to fast forward the commercials and other junk. I never just pause
    > and wait. I am not a patience type personality. Never, never would I do
    > that. No way no how.

    I've done that once in awhile. Wait about 24 minutes on a two hour
    program that gives you just enough ffwd time :)

    Meat Plow, Jul 9, 2010