Re: Dealing with the BEAST "70-216"

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Jesse, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. Jesse

    Jesse Guest

    don't go for this without any actual experience. most of the questions are
    scenario base and would surely require you to think. in answering elimnate
    items which is obviously far from the correct one. usually if it's a
    multiple choice 2 answers will be obviously wrong and the other 2 are almost
    the same.

    Jesse
    Manila, Phils.

    ** this forum is great ** however it's taking some precious time from me
    instead of studying / working (nw admin jobs) =) hehehe

    "Saffa Kemokai" <> wrote in message

    > After successfully passing 7 exams for the MCSA/MCSE
    > track, I think the best method of defeating the beast is
    > to leave it alone as far as possible. Make it the last
    > exam. By the time you get to it, you should have traversed
    > all the parts in 70-216 making it easier to study and
    > conquer it in one shot. I had to take it twice taking the
    > exams in sequence.
    >
    > I do not advise taking the exams in sequence. Keep 70-216
    > for the last and just reflect on evrything you did while
    > spending more time on DHCP, TCP/IP subnetting, WINS and
    > pay casual attention to evrything else.
    >
    > You can't go wrong!
    >
    > Saffa

    ---
    Jesse, Jul 24, 2003

  2. I hated subnetting questions. When I had to subnet for work I had a utility
    and never had to do the math myself. Studied and practiced for IP for 216
    and on the exam last week got ONE subnet question!!!

    I used to look after DHCP (Nortel Netid product) and WINS for my
    last employer. Didn't study these at all. Got 10 questions on DHCP and
    WINS. Lucky me.

    You need real work to pass 216...

    Nettransplant, Jul 24, 2003

  3. I was merely giving pointers based on my experience taking
    the exams. But of course, one needs the experience to cope
    with the exams. What I am offering is that you stand a
    better chance in passing 70-216 the first time if you go
    thru all or most of the rquired exams and then take 70-216
    because by doing so, you would have gained more experience
    with diffult areas. Mind you, the 216 is actually the test
    of understanding and experience covering basically
    everything there is in managing Microsoft w2k network .

    Saffa

    7/18/2003

    Saffa Kemokai, Jul 24, 2003
  4. Jesse

    RichardJW Guest

    RichardJW, Jul 25, 2003
  5. Jesse

    Gary - US Guest

    No you don't.

    --

    Semper Fi & God Bless America,

    Gary-US MCNGP #20 & retired Jarhead

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
    ** Kindly Do The Needful **

    Gary - US, Jul 25, 2003
  6. Jesse

    Robert Black Guest

    He is very mentally un-stable combined with turrets syndrome.

    Robert Black, Jul 25, 2003
  7. Jesse

    billyw Guest

    xxxx thats a cheap ozzy beer. i have been full of it on accassion. but
    leaves me with a hellish hangover

    billyw, Jul 25, 2003
  8. Jesse

    Maestro Guest

    Hey Richard,

    That QoD site that you advertise in your signature is the
    sorryest thing I've ever seen in my life. The questions
    are poorly worded and misleading, the answers don't appear
    to be verified against any legitimate source, some
    questions have more than one legitimatle answer, and the
    operators don't seem to give a f*ck.

    Maestro, Jul 25, 2003
  9. Jesse

    Maestro Guest

    Dis-regard my last post. You're clearly not stable.

    Maestro, Jul 25, 2003